"Here I am!" Jiang Yunxi jogged to catch up.

Having lived in Penglai Immortal for some time, Jiang Yunxi had shed her appearance of a country girl. Her once sun-kissed skin had turned into a healthy fair complexion, and faint traces of resemblance to Jiang Rongyi could be seen in her features.

"Emissary from Shangyan Sect—"

This title received even more attention than the previous Penglai Immortal.

Not because Shangyan Sect was the number one sect in the world, but because of the past history between the Sect Master of Shangyan Sect and the celestial maiden of White Jade Capital—a story that couldn't be ignored.

Whispers spread among the crowd.

"Could it be their Sect Master who won't come?"

"I think it's highly unlikely. The Sect Master of Shangyan Sect hasn't appeared for a hundred years, right?"

"Would he just let his woman marry someone else without doing anything?"

Amidst the fragmented remarks of others, the emissary from Shangyan Sect finally walked out of the teleportation array.

It wasn't the Sect Master they had speculated, but an ordinary-looking man dressed in the attire of a disciple from Shangyan Sect.

Though he appeared ordinary, many people recognized him. Disciples from White Jade Capital approached him and greeted him warmly.

There were also some well-connected and gossipy disciples from White Jade Capital who discreetly asked, "Your Sect Master?"

It wasn't a secretive question, and the disciple from Shangyan Sect answered truthfully, "News came a few days ago that our Sect Master is at the Zhaixing Tower."

The Zhaixing Tower connected with White Jade Capital, so it's possible that he had already arrived in White Jade Capital during his stay at the Zhaixing Tower.

Those who heard this news couldn't help but speculate that perhaps he wanted to avoid an awkward encounter with someone from his past, so he concealed his identity and only wanted to secretly take a look at the wedding of his old acquaintance.

Truly a pair of unfortunate lovebirds.

Some perceptive female cultivators even discreetly teared up.

However, what they didn't realize was that Zhou Siwei, the number one figure in the righteous path, could have anyone he wanted if he truly desired it. Who in the world could stop him?

It was simply a matter of not wanting.

Afterwards, disciples from various sects arrived one after another, but none could compare to the attention garnered by the emissary from Shangyan Sect.

The celestial maiden of White Jade Capital's grand wedding was the biggest celebration in nearly a hundred years.

The disciples from the other five righteous sects all sent representatives, and the teleportation array of White Jade Capital had been constantly active these past few days.

The usually quiet White Jade Capital became lively, with the bustling sounds of people that even the cold white walls and laurel trees couldn't suppress.

Since this grand event would last for half a month, White Jade Capital prepared accommodations for the distant guests.

The best courtyards were naturally arranged for the disciples of the six major righteous sects who came to celebrate, while the next level was allocated to affiliated sects with closer relationships.