Chapter II

They were on the airbase. Crowley and Aziraphale were holding hands, and Adam had given Aziraphale his body back. Anathema and Newt were standing a distance away, and Jo was standing in front of the Doctor, their hands on her shoulders. Adam's friends were standing at his side. He was standing proud and strong having just defeated his father. Mr. Young had arrived and was ushering the children into his car. The remaining people on the airbase head back to London.

*****

The Doctor was driving on the car ride back to London. Crowley and Aziraphale were leaning on each other in the back seat, and Jo was upfront fiddling with her rings. They all sat silently, everything that had happened that day overwhelming them. Crowley and Aziraphale knew what would happen to them the next day. Being taken by Heaven and Hell and put to death. Aziraphale has a tear or two leaking out of his eyes, and Crowley is holding tightly to him. At least they were together again. When they reached London, the Doctor spoke up.

"My dear fellows, how about you come and travel with Jo and me for a while? It would be fun, and it could help you calm down a little." The Doctor says calmly.

"We wouldn't want to bother you-" Aziraphale gets cut off.

"Now you listen to me! You are not a bother and I would love you aboard the Tardis, and I'm sure Miss Grant agrees."

"I do agree, you seem like very interesting people, and I would love to know more about you. You two could work in the lab at UNIT with us. And you all definitely seem to need a break." Jo adds.

Aziraphale and Crowley nod their heads. As the Doctor stops the car they see the Tardis in all of its glory. The four of them jump out of the car and slide into the Tardis. Crowley and Aziraphale look at the control room with wonder in their eyes. They grab each other's hands as the Doctor and Jo get ready for the Tardis to take off.

*****

When the Tardis lands, the Doctor turns to Crowley and Aziraphale.

"How about you two stay on board with Jo. She will show you to the closet, and I will go have a conversation with the Brigadier about letting you two help with UNIT." They tell the angel and demon and walk out of the Tardis.

Jo gently takes the two of them by their arms and guides them to the dressing room. While the Doctor calls it a closet it is a massive room bigger than the control room, with all sorts of clothing inside. Jo leaves the two of them inside it and heads back to the control room. Crowley and Aziraphale start to look around for things to change into to get out of their ruined clothing.

*****

When Jo sees them enter the control room she smiles.

"So Doctor, what was the answer?" She asks.

"The Brigadier said that they could stay if he had a thorough interview with them both first. He wants to make sure that they would not betray us or anything." They reply with a smile, their face twisting up how it usually does.

At that moment, Crowley and Aziraphale enter the room. Crowley is wearing a Ziggy Stardust tee, black ripped jeans, a black leather jacket, and black combat boots. Aziraphale is wearing a beige sweater, brown slacks, a wristwatch, and brown loafers. As the two of them walk up to Jo and the Doctor, the Doctor turns to Crowley.

"You do realize that you are going to stand out. Unlike Aziraphale, you are not really dressed properly for the 1970s." They tell him.

"I do, but I feel comfortable like this. You don't dress properly for the 1970s either Doctor and everyone here at UNIT knows you are a time traveler from what you have told me. Won't they just assume the same for my husband and me" Crowley answers, a smug look on his face.