Chapter 12 - Personal Struggles

Start from the beginning

"(Look who we have here.)" I stopped and took a deep breath to calm myself for the conversation to come. I looked over my shoulder before turning around, enabling me to see the full extent of skxawngs who liked to make my life even more annoying than it already was.

"(What do you want, blue boy?)" He grinned, like one of those typical bullies in the movies backed up on the computers inside the laboratory, looking around himself, getting a view of his equally stupid friends. The over 8'2" tall teenager raised his arms as if to signal he meant no harm.

"(Oh nothing.)" One of the other na'vi teenagers laughed for a second before I addressed him personally. He seemed to be a few years younger than even myself.

"(And you, lanky junior? What's got you laughing?)" He stopped. "(You want to tell me the joke to my face?)" If there were traces of happiness on my face before they arrived, it had now completely vanished with the younger boy almost looking frozen. Before I could verbally push him again the main problem child pulled my attention to himself.

"(Leave him alone, freak.)" I scoffed and slightly shook my head, not believing the audacity to call me, the one who beat him on several occasions, a freak. "(He didn't come here to be insulted by a tiny human.)"

"(Is that the best you can up with?)" I turned around to continue my way. "(If, then don't waste my time.)" For a few moments, I was actually able to do so, just before sudden footsteps in my direction made me turn around.

CRACK

I stumbled to the side, barely being able to hold my footing. "(Maybe that will teach you, demon!)" I shakily raised a hand to my glass visor, as cracks made their way over the whole screen. I heard laughter and the sound of footsteps starting to fade. No. No, he didn't. I staggered forward in the direction I assumed they went.

"(Look!)" One of them said.

"(Coming back for mo-)" Was the last thing hitting my ears as my vision turned dark and the voice stilled before finishing its sentence. Was I passing out again? No. This was different. Wait... I knew this. That voice, did it come back to mock me again? To give me more advice? As a few seconds passed only coldness met me instead of a voice I probably only imagined in the first place. Nothing moved, not that there was anything that could, as complete darkness surrounded me. I felt none of my limbs respond to anything I tried, they stayed out of my vision and control. Wait... what was that noise? "..." It was muffled, so much in fact, that I was not even able to pick up a single syllable of the sentence or word. "...:::..." Again. "...firin..." My name, why did it say my name? "...Firin..." That wasn't the normal voice, not that it was normal, but you know what I mean. "Firin!" Faster than expected did my vision snap back to my body, along with the warm feeling of the air, the sound of chaos in the air, and the control over my limbs. Wait, what was that last-second part?

"(Firin stop!)" My eyes focused on the blur of grey, blue, and red in front of my eyes. I flinched and scrambled back when a bloodied face was the first thing in my view. I was not able to process what was going on as two pairs of hands pulled me even further away from the messed up na'vi.

"(W-What happened?)" I croaked. I was probably close to hyperventilating according to the speeds my chest rose and fell. Another blue face appeared before my eyes. Kiri?

"(What the hell did you do?!)" She yelled at me with shock written over her face, her whole body shaking and tears coming out of her green eyes. "(Why do I find you repeatedly punching away at him?!)" She hiccupped before being able to continue her complaints. I didn't understand. What happened? I get punched and the next thing I know I see a close-up of somebody's bloody face.

"(That is enough Kiri, leave him be for a second.)" Was that Dad? Oh fuck, I was so screwed. He was the last one I wanted here right now. "(Hey! Get him to the Tsahìk!)" My vision blurred again, so I was only able to pick up on outlines of people picking up a body, presumably of that skxawng I supposedly beat up. I tried sitting up, only to be pushed down by Kiri.