A Warrior Worth My While

Start from the beginning

After class ends most everyone leaves right away except a few of the boys. As I clean up the room, I hear the boys talking one of the them is Yoseph, "I can't believe that we have to spar with girls. What is the point? They will never be as strong as we will." Shishishishi they laugh.

I slam the cupboard with the practice swords in it. They turn around quickly and look terrified. " Why can't women be as strong as men?" I question looking down upon the boys. The one that isn't Yoseph is shaking. Yoseph rolls his eyes and starts, "Well my daddy is a marine and he says that they are weak and delicate and the only reason that your staying as number one is because they won't fight you seriously."

I grind my teeth and put my hands on the his shoulder maybe a little too tight, "If you every doubt my strength or any girls, I will be glad to take you on in a challenge whenever you feel like it, but I suggest you come and watch me fight my challengers first. You may change your mind." Yoseph steps back and solemnly nods. I pick up my sword and storm away.

I huff back to my room. The kids are so young I cannot believe that they are already being ruined. Every moment I lose faith in people more and more. I had almost made it to my room when Gin stops me, "I would just like you to know that your father is coming to the island tomorrow."

I smirk, "At least that gives me something to look forward to on this God forsaken place." Gin looks worried for me and asks if I want to sit on one of the benches by the koi pond. I nod because I know he will just follow me if I say no.

I figure he is going to start his lecture that he does at least once a week about how I should be more kind, nice, and let people in. Saying that my demeanor is hard, sharp, and intimidating and how he feels so sorry for my humanity. Then he rambles about how the children would help with that. Even though recently they have been making it worse.

However today started a little bit differently, "Arya, you are not happy here any longer are you?" I look at him questionably, but shake my head.

He continues, "I've seen you walk out of your classes angrier and angrier every week." I stare at my cold reflection wishing he was wrong but he wasn't. I've become more of a statue than a person. Lacking in emotion so I stay driven on becoming the best possible swordsman I can be. But that is nothing new. Is it really the wrong thing to do if it has been working? Anyways I've been like that since Gin has known me. He places his hand on my shoulder and I snap back to the conversation, "I think you should leave this island with your father when he comes."

I blink is disbelief, "But he's a..."

He silences me, "after your mother was killed 13 years ago your father brought you here to train and for your protection. He wanted to protect you from those who are still searching for you, pirates and marines alike." I nod understandingly.

For a moment my mothers death resurfaces in my mind. Her body limp on the ground, blood splattered on the debris around her.

I shake the thought and furrow my eyebrow, "Did someone find out that I was still alive?"

Gin hesitates, "The rumors are starting up again. Have you used your powers on this island recently?"

I look down, "Only at night but I was using my Haki so I would have been able to sense if anyone was watching me."

Gin sighs through his nose, "There are ways to get around that Arya. That's why I think you shouldn't stay on the island and move for now. So people can't find you. If your mother was alive she would be devastated for you to be captured."

I stand up and start heading back to my room but turn back give Gin a stern expression, "I can't run my whole life. I don't need protection anymore. I've surpassed everyone that has come to this island. You can't baby me any longer. "