[#9 : The Lift] 🍃

" we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter.  what'cha gonna do, when there's blood in the water ? "

- - - - -

[ #9 : The Lift ] : PinkLeaf

Ren gets a call from Jackeryz after he woke up, separated from iBella and Kreekcraft in The Lift, where greed and murder is the way to survive.

- - - - -

Ren woke up in a dizzy state, only remembering that he fell from the map of the Stairs of Rage while Bella was trying to catch him. She was nowhere to be found, so he wondered whether he was in hell again or he's in some other underground secret of the stairs, way beyond the void once flung by the leader of the winners. He stood up from the uncomfortable bed, still feeling a bit empty for the past few days he's been back to humanity. In Infectious Smile, he only cared about living. In the Stairs of Rage, he was only concerned about going up alongside his 'friends', friends that are nowhere to be seen. And now he's back to where he belongs or something. Something is vibrating and ringing in his hoodie's pockets, but he never noticed anyway. He decided to pick it up, and it was a phone. Ringing. From Jackeryz. Wait, Jackeryz?

"Paano niya nakuha numero ko? Gago." ("How'd he get my number? Damn.") He asked, while his finger hovers over the answer button. He clicks it, and there comes a very casual yet concerned tone.

"Hey PinkLeaf, can you hear me?" He hears his friend from the Tower ask the question. He sighed and thought about how he would answer if he can't speak english at all, so he tried to speak.

"Opo." ("Yes.") He replied, hoping he could understand, or at least hear him. And he did, although there was static silence. He wondered if he was stunned by his language. "Ang wika ko ay Filipino, o Tagalog para mas malinaw." ("My language is Filipino, or Tagalog to be clearer".)

Jack didn't answer for a few seconds, and he started to speak again. "Wait, tagalog? I'm gonna need a translator. I will call you later." And there he goes, leaving him on the call. He feels a bit abandoned, but it's nothing much to deal with. Being human has a price, and Ren knows it.

He looked around the space he's in, and he saw a number thirteen on the walls, a large square hole on the middle, alongside a few floors below and above him. When he looks at the other side of his floor, he witnesses a mysterious person on the bed. Their palette is purple-ish with an ominous aura. They have a black mask on their face. Ren backed off, he could be hostile. He looked at his inventory, and all he got is a rope.

"You know, that rope is pretty handy in climbing up and down." The person spoke, creeping Ren out even further. "I don't know if you understood me there, but—" —He points up the ceiling, indicating the floor above them— "—can you help me climb up to floor one?"

Ren walked up to him and nodded, all the while trying to throw the rope above them. The ominous person started to climb up and signaled him to do the same, and he did."I'm Ominous Nebula, and you?" Ominous reveals, making our leaf boy decide on what to say.

"Ren." He replied. Luckily, he had a completely normal english name. Otherwise he'd name himself Rosas na Dahon (PinkLeaf, just translated not-so-literally). He waited for his rope to completely go back, and threw it to another floor.

And as if this was an immediate twist of fate, he spoke, "Just a reminder, Ren, you don't need to speak. People here hate other people's voices. Especially with other languages, demon."

How the fuck did he know? Ren thought to himself, because he can't really speak what he wants to due to the curse he's in.

"If you're asking how I knew yet can't speak am, that red halo is a dead giveaway. You're not angelic if you end up here, because it is another form of jail for everyone involved." He explained, sheathing and sharpening his knife. Ren was only wordless, and that was a cue for him to continue speaking in a condescending way, almost as if this was something out of a mythology book. "Well, unless if you're a hunter angel. Those beings usually get away with everything just to catch something irrelevant in this world. And I know you're traveling with one of those, and a game traveler."

Game traveler and Hunter Angel? What the...? He was confused to no end for sure, while he's sure that Bella was possibly finding him, he didn't know about Kreek's game traveler status. He doesn't even know what that means, for him, for Bella, and for himself. The rope came back to him automatically, almost calling to leave this guy over there and climb up to find Kreek and Bella himself.

Ominous only smiled. "But of course, if someone's a game traveler, they won't live for long. The hosts will make sure of that. So I'm pretty sure that boy who made that portal was pure coincidence, and luck. Portals have being appearing out of nowhere too."

Pinkleaf was confused and terrified with this information, but he nodded with the new lore he's been given. At least someone here gave him something he needs to know, much like Jackeryz. God, when will he call again? Scratch that question, he thinks. He throws the rope again, and he decided to let Ominous go with him. They climbed up to the next floor, however, as they rose up, Ren fell, and thus, he was injured back at floor 13.

He was almost dead, but he didn't risk staying due to new players on the floor having a brawl and damaging each other with knives and books. He swiftly aimed his rope while being on the safest distance against the fighting players, and he rose up once again. Ominous was waiting for him, staring at his progress as he removed the rope from floor thirteen and shoots it on the floor above him, then he climbed back to see his new aquaintance... who mysteriously knew about him and his past. Ominous went first, he went second. The pattern went on and on, but when they came to floor 8, some asshole wanted to fight for it. The player wanted to push Ren on the square holes, however the reflex he got from the Tower and Infectious Smile helped a LOT on his skill. As he dodged, he punched back, impacting the mouth of the attacker.

Nebula immediately stabbed them with a knife repeatedly, but if there's one thing he knew, people's health don't go away fast in this game. His knife is slowly becoming less and less sharp, and the being that attacked them is slowly starting to resist his attacks. He inputs a final blow that knocks them off the hole, killing them due to the gravitational force and dropping to the last of all floors. Ren only could watch, watching and waiting for his acquaintance to finish killing him so they could climb again.

As the floor they're in goes up and up, their location higher and higher, and the voices of brawling people grow louder, Ren doesn't even realize that the phone on his pockets are ringing. Another call from someone, but it wasn't Jack.

"Musta na po? Wag ka po mag-alala, dahil ako lang po ang nagsasalin ng mga salita niyo at ni Jackeryz." ("How are you? Don't worry, because I'm just the one translating the words of you and Jackeryz".)

- - - - -
Word Count : 1301
pov : you're a fluent filipino speaker so you tried to project yourself