[#5 : Escape] 🍃

" In the middle of the night,
Just call my name, I'm yours to take "

- - - - -
[ #5 : Escape ] : PinkLeaf

At the not-so-spacious base in the infectious game they're in, Ping stood at the top, guarding the door of the safe base. He was just chilling, just like Jackeryz was when they first met.

He wonders if that's how he also felt when he's guarding, and if it's really advisable to just... stand there and not prevent the smiles from getting near the previous stage, wait, guarding the surroundings for the safe zone would do more than enough for him.

Most smiles are gone due to the amount of players in the game, and also because of the swamp of sadness. If it weren't for it, he could've just bit that guy like the other smiles when he first met him. Speaking of that guy, he hasn't told his name.

He immediately goes down and reaches for some paper. He can't talk for a reason- somehow his thoughts were in English, but what he tries to speak, it automatically translates to his local language, and fluent, super fluent. Not some sort of Taglish witchery there. Aside from that interesting... weakness, there's also one flaw he encountered on the game. His cries for help were in vain when he was bitten, and it's probably because people are selfish or because they couldn't understand what he's trying to say. Well, he believes the latter, so he just refuses to speak overall. However, he doesn't know Sign Language that much, so he improvised by doing actions to portray what he's trying to say.

When he got his paper, he realized he must've dropped his pen somewhere, so he went to exit the safe zone alongside the man who he helped earlier, whom he still doesn't know the name of. As they walk, the man speaks in a concerned tone.

"Um, Ping, I don't think this is a good idea. We got here a day ago, we're not risking it aren't we-" The dude nervously followed him, holding a bat. Ren just grabs his wrist with his right hand, and with his left he gestured a writing hand.

"A pen? What do you need one for?" He asks, and that just threw Ren off. He tried to sign Y, O, U, R, N, A, M, E, but fails to make him understand. He tries again, but to no avail. He's getting tired of it and so is that guy in front of him, trying to decrypt whatever he's saying.

As they are gonna go about an argument about miscommunication, two smiles crept from behind, and tried to bite them. Luckily, Ren had a lot of reflex due to staying for... whatever duration he's in. But his new friend didn't have his case, and was once again bitten by a smile. With a panicked face as he forgot his katana, he picked up the leaf on his back and smacked the smile who was about to happify his fellow, all the while trying to avoid the other infected as all four of them tried to survive the other side.

The friend of our favorite leaf boy threw his bat to an infected, but missed this time because of the smile dodging his attack, thus wasting the weapon. Oh, and Ren realized there's more smiles coming from the Abandoned Storage Room. The two made intense eye contact that indicated fear, and made a run for it. Back to the safe zone it is!

But as they ran across the maps to at least make it through alive and unbitten, the warning indicates that a lava will rise, and only those on the base or safe zones shall have the chance of survival. This made their actions even faster, each step having more adrenaline to the last.

But they were too late.

The message "GET OUT!" was already signaled, which he estimates will happen within ten seconds. With their legs, they ran to the nearest safe zone, which was.. nowhere. They were too far from it. Ren already accepted his fate, meanwhile his friend doesn't for some reason. With a hand of the guy reaching out to no avail, a portal opened out of a sudden and they ran through it, rendering them safe— just in time as the lava poured out above the ground.

Ren opened his eyes, only to see a blurry white fade away from his eyes, and a new location appears. A blue sky illuminates a fake sun and multiple clouds waiting for someone to observe their beauty after experiencing a lot of darkness.

As they both woke up once again, they realized they must've been in a new game. A spiral-like staircase that only leads up. Seconds after, most colors fade except for one, which was indicated at the top of each player. He also observed some strategies he could use to get up, maybe he could escape this game once he finishes all the stairs?

He grabbed the hand of his friend as they walk to the stairs, and as they were about to step on the rainbow color coded stairs, a girl fell from the sky and made an impact on the ground.

"Holy unholy, WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?" The man in red screamed in shock. Ren just stood there, having nothing to say at all.

- - - - -

Word Count : 898