☆ three

a/n: why is writing the beginning of chapters so hard like damn?? like it took 2 weeks to write the first 1k words but the rest i wrote in 3 hours like omfgg ... anyway recently i've been re-reading pjo and omg... these kids need therapy I SWEAR

qotc: fav genshin hc? (my favs r personally blk bennett, xiao has tanned skin + freckles, and ayato w glasses! theyre very cute ^_^)

sotc: glass jaw by chokecherry

☆☆☆

the scent of steaming hot coffee fills through the living room as the television plays softly in the background. it's the news and it's the same thing as always– kazuha's case. it's been a week and nothing has changed. it's still the same, they haven't found anything more than blood, vomit, and kazuha's school bag.

it's a horrible situation, really. kazuha could be dead, a thousand miles from where he could possibly be and yet police still claimed kazuha had run away out of his free will– not that someone had taken him against his will or just straight up killed him.

along with the fact that haruki had gotten the blame for everything. he hasn't done anything– yae knows that. haru has been attached to kazuha since the day he met him, caring for him even when kazuha had gotten upset at him or anything of the sort. he'd never do anything and yae knows that for a fact.

nobody believes haruki on that, though. every time he tried to defend himself, something always happened to him. whether that be people hurling insults at him and accusatory stares or physically hurting him. yae sighs when she thinks of the way both of the boys had looked at her in that nurses office. haruki with worse bruises between the two, purple bruising around his left eye, a nosebleed, scratches around his cheek and even an injured wrist. it made her angry– everyone was pointing fingers at her son with no evidence, just the fact that he happened to be the last person to see kazuha and the fact that he was a little weird.

the clink of a mug against their glass table shakes yae out of her thoughts. dark purple eyes glance at her before writing onto a loose sheet on paper.

"you're angry, aren't you?" ei asks as she writes.

yae sighs, setting down her book with a bookmark in it, "yes, i am. it's just– nobody is helping haruki at all."

ei purses her lips as she lifts her brows, "well haruki did not ask for it. he needs to speak if he needs help."

"he's a child, ei." yae looks at her with disbelief.

"all children are born with mouths, are they not?"

yae shakes off her words, "i just mean, why is this happening to him? i get so scared for him everytime he goes off for his classes."

"some could say it was inevitable," ei huffs as she looks up from her papers, "others could say this was orchestrated of some sort. but neither you and i have an answer so, as badly as you want to dissect every little detail in the past week to find out what went wrong, you cannot. it is simply something he will have to deal with."

"you want our child to deal with the harassment? do you have any clue what's happening?"

ei shakes her head, "i'm busy, you understand that."

yae shakes her head, "haruki came home with a black eye this week, you said nothing. he comes home and he cries so hard that i have to calm him down from what's practically a panic attack at that point. he's our child, you have to do something."