☆ two

a/n: haii !! tbh i don't like the beginning of this chapter so i hope its ok LOL also i did change some character appearances in my fic but not like to the point where they're unrecognizable so i hope that is Ok!! i like throwing silly little hcs in so :3

qotc: fav horror movie? (mine is midnight and scream.. the first one :3)

sotc: this night has opened up my eyes by the smiths

☆☆☆

loud screams light up the room as a woman on screen screams her heart out as if she were actually dying and not just mourning over a friend. her hair is wet and stringy from the rain that patters onto her and it would be an absolutely devastating thing to see if haru's eyes weren't glued to the clock above the television.

"it's almost nine." haru says and he can practically hear ajax frown as he removes his lips from haru's neck.

"so?" ajax asks as he turns to haru, "are your parents coming home soon or–?"

haru shakes his head as he removes his eyes from the clock that had practically been burned into his vision and into the back of his eyes. haru sighs as he scratches at his skin nervously.

"where do you think kazuha is?" haru asks as he looks up into ajax's eyes.

all ajax can do is furrow his brows and laugh softly, "ooh he probably found some nerdy girl to talk with at the movie theater and now they're in love!"

haru stares at him deadpan, "i'm serious. plus, kazuha can't even talk to girls, he gets so nervous that he starts stuttering and can hardly look them in the eye."

ajax snorts, "oh my fucking god! way to just ruin my imagination."

"what? did you think he was some sort of womanizer or something?" haru laughs softly, "i don't think he could ever do that anyway."

"you never know." ajax shrugs, "kazuha could be like uh- what's his name?"

haru lifts a brow, "what does he look like?"

ajax shrugs, his hands moving in a vague gesture, "he's a redhead."

"oh." haru nods, "yeah, i think his name was ajax, wasn't it?"

ajax rolls his eyes as haru laughs softly, "very funny. i was talking about diluc."

haru nods, "oh that's right, you're in the same grade, aren't you?"

ajax chuckles as he notices that haru doesn't even seem to be all there, like at all. the haru he knew would be making fun of him or smacking his head or, just something. haru instead was actually taking interest in something as stupid as this.

"what's wrong?" ajax cuts through haru's words abruptly. haru looks up at him with furrowed brows, he was searching the others eyes for something that wasn't concern but that was all he found.

"what are you talking about?" haru asks, "i'm... i'm doing alright, i think."

"it's just... i know you, haru." ajax says simply and haru nods, he can't do much besides object against his statement but what he said was true, ajax knew him, like truly knew him.

"i..." haru hesitates, fumbling to fidget with his hands as he speaks, "do you think something happened to kazuha? he was supposed to be here hours ago but he's not, and i don't know. i'm worried."

ajax pauses, "where is this coming from? kazuha usually walks home, doesn't he?"

haru opens his mouth to respond but he's cut off by the sirens of police cars passing by his home. haru can't focus on anything and all he can think is: are those for kazuha? what did he do?