The aftermath

DISCLAIMER: if you are reading this, that means I have edited the chapter before this one so it won't make as much sense, so you can either read it and be confused or pretend this chapter and the ones after it don't exist until I am done editing- ANDREAAAA

I was sitting on the passenger seat of the Wrangler. Alex was sitting next to me.

"We need to leave instantly" Alex was on the phone with Josh. There was a muffled voice behind the phone, Alex glanced back at me for a second before replying, "it's Lottie"

Not even two minutes later, Josh and Betty were sprinting towards the car. I see Betty holding her heels in her hand. Bless her feet

I step out of the car, and meet them in the middle. "Lottie what happened? Are you okay?" Josh asked frantically I glance between the two of them, Alex's hair was disheveled and his pants and shirt look like they were put on sloppily, same with Betty.

I shook my head no and tears run down my face. "Lottie- " Betty says in a sympathetic voice, she takes no hesitation in hugging me. And that's what broke me the second time. I couldn't breath as I sobbed my heart out onto my best friends shoulder. She rubbed my back and we stood there until I couldn't cry any longer.

I wiped my nose along my arm as we slowly walked towards the vehicle. I sat next to Betty in the back, my head on her lap. She was combing my hair with her fingers.

In the front Alex and Josh kept sparing each other glances and looking back to check on me.

I close my eyes gently and imagine a world where men like him don't exists.

___________________________

Warm arms pick me up. I snuggle closer to the warmth. I open my eyes and know instantly who's holding me.

"Alex" I whisper into the darkness.

"Shhh Lottie, it's okay" his voice hushes me and almost lulls me back to sleep. I watch as he takes slow steps up the stairs. Maybe he thinks I'm asleep and doesn't want to wake me.

He gently places me on my bed, untying my converse, he slides them off my feet. But he doesn't tuck me into bed, he exits the room and a minute later Betty comes in.

"I'm just gonna put you in some pajamas" she whispers and takes off my dress. I stand up and help her. She puts me in some sweatpants and an oversized shirt. She takes out my hair and combs it.

"Go to sleep, I'll be here in the morning. We All will" she kisses my forehead and I almost laugh.

I feel the pressure of my weighted blanket and soon I drift off into a deep sleep I wish I could stay in forever.

______________________________

I wake up at 8 the next morning. I naturally woke up around 7 so I was shocked to find out I slept in this late. I sit up in bed and stretch. It was one of those stretches that got you moaning.

I stared at the full body mirror opposite of my bed. Gosh I'm a mess, what even happens last night?

Oh.

I get out of bed with a yawn. And drag my feet out the door towards the bathroom.

On my way there I passed Josh's room, just door was slightly cracked open, I peeked through and saw Alex, Betty, and Josh himself whispering to each other. By the look of sympathy on both Betty and Josh's face, I assume Alex had told them what happened.

I'm glad he did, I would have told him to say it anyway.

Walking away from their secret meeting, I wonder if I should let them know I was awake, or pretend to be asleep.