OO.   Pilot

PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE.       DEATH COMES FOR THE UNSUSPECTING
Roadkill  ✺.  February 17, 2021   —   09:13 PM

     Durable latex belonging to Timberland strike the earth beneath one overexerted male, covered in a rich brown sludge as they thunder against gravel, enabling echoes to ripple throughout the extensive caryard. Beads of sweat shimmered on his wrinkled brows as he pushed his body to its limits, his breath escaping a slacked jaw in short, anguished gasps. The high winds crackled with a sense of urgency as he darted and dodged through the sinuous maze of abandoned car wrecks and a frenzied jumble of automobile parts that haphazardly speckled the lands. The small pebbles crunching beneath his soles mingled with the symphony of creaking metal and rustling leaves, creating a discordance that followed the man's every hostile juke 𖬺 movement.

   The hollow organ located behind his sternum drummed ferociously, harmonizing with the rhythmic pounding of his feet as he navigated the treacherous landscape with a mix of instinct and determination

The hollow organ located behind his sternum drummed ferociously, harmonizing with the rhythmic pounding of his feet as he navigated the treacherous landscape with a mix of instinct and determination. In the face of his best efforts to remain composed, panic engulfed his being, his scampering heart threatening to plummet out of his chest with each frantic thrum. The predicament he found himself in left him teetering on the edge of terror, an ominous weight pressing upon his chest.

Hezekiah's forewarning words echoed freely within his head, a chorus of admonishment that only served to intensify the pangs of regret within his soul. Hilton knew deep down that his cousin had been right, but in a fit of stubbornness, he had ignored the sage advice and forged ahead with his ill-fated plan. Now, as the gravity of his own choices settled upon him, remorse coursing through his veins like a bitter elixir; he prays for redemption.

The deafening sound of a gunshot pierced the air, its reverberations echoing throughout his electronic hearing enhancers, resulting in a delicate ringing likened to Tinnitus to invade the inner passages of his ears, jolting him into swift action. Hilton's survival instincts kicked in immediately, compelling him to drop to the ground, seeking refuge from the menacing barrage of bullets whizzing dangerously close. Time seemed to dilate as adrenaline surged through his veins; his keen senses heightened.