Chapter 2: I'm a what?*

Kai was having a great dream.

He was fighting through hordes of demons with a sword in hand. Not a single one of them was able to stand a chance against him. Halfway through his powertrip dream, he heard something... It started pulling him out of his dream.

...ke ...p

5 more minutes, I'm still sore.

W..e u...

Come on can't a guy get some sleep?

WAKE UP!

Kai jolted awake at the weird voice in his head and looked around.

"Huh? Oh was it all just a dream..." The room was very different than any room he'd seen before. It reminded him of a college dorm room. "Nope, don't recognize this room," Kai said to himself while rubbing his eyes.

"Oh, so you've finally decided to wake up?" Some short girl asked in an extremely annoyed tone.

"Eek!" Kai didn't notice that Louise was standing right next to him.

"I've thought about it long and hard, but I couldn't see a way around it. I'll have to take you as my familiar. You should feel honored."

"The only thing I feel right now is hungry, and sore!"

"Now that you've woken up, you can get out of my bed."

Louise went to her closet to grab a change of clothes and for some reason, she started changing.

"Woah, hey now, you... do know I'm still in here, right?"

"And? You're just a familiar."

Kai's world just came crashing down, never had he felt like this. He may be stupid but he knows when he's not being treated as a human, or in this case a man.

"I want you to wash and iron those clothes, and have them ready by tomorrow." Louise threw her dirty clothes at Kai.

I can't tell if I should be flattered or offended!

"Why can't you do that yourself? Does it look like I'm a butler or something? Wait a minute, where am I? I want you to take me back home! Also, what was that burning from earlier?"

Louise's eyes started twitching from Kai's nonstop questions. "Will you just shut up?! You're worse than a dog yapping."

"Hey, a dog yapping is better than BEING KIDNAPPED!"

"Can you just shut up for tonight? I want to sleep."

Kai, thinking for once in his life, decided to be quiet. He could use this as a chance to escape.

"Thank you. Oh right, you need a place to sleep, so I got some hay from the horse pin and put it on the floor."

"That's not a place to sleep at all!"

"Just shut up."

After Louise said that she laid down on her bed and started to go to sleep.

Kai let out a deep sigh as he lay down on the hay. It poked through his clothes and was extremely uncomfortable.

Alright, as soon as she falls asleep I'll just run out of here. Once I get out of here I'll use my phone and call the police... I hope that my parents aren't worrying too much about me.

Kai stayed in his little haystack waiting for any sign that she was in a deep sleep.

After about an hour a soft snoring could be heard.