48: Let's Get Us Home.

Start from the beginning

I hissed when he removed the cotton, and tears welled in my eyes seeing the fresh red wound. I still can't believe I was shot.

Xavier looked up at me and shooked his head, telling me not to cry.
I just bit my lips and nodded my head trying to control my emotions.

Once I was cleaned, he made me wear his shirt and rolled the sleeves to my elbow, and paired it with his shorts. It was so comfortable. 

Once I got done with the clothes, Xavier came to me and carefully kissed my lips and forehead.

I smiled and him and was about to pull him closer so that I could also kiss his forehead, but before I could have even raised my hands, the door of the hospital room burst open and entered my favorite boys.

Braydon and Bryson came inside with another set of numerous bouquets and balloons.

However, Bryson was crying loudly and Braydon was trying hard not to cry.

I laughed and cried too looking at both of them.

They both hugged me one by one and kissed my forehead and cheeks.
That idiot Bryson even wiped his nose on my shoulder.

"Ewww Bry noo..." I exclaimed and scrunched my nose to which he simply ignored me and again hugged me and in return got a nasty glare from my husband.

We all talked and laughed and cried together.

They told me so many stories about Xavier when I was in a coma.

We laughed and teased Xavier, to which he glared at all of us but didn't say anything.

Soon a doctor and a nurse came. The doctor examined me and even asked some questions. He notes down some points while examining the machine which was showing my heart rate and other factors.

"You are doing excellent Mrs.Lewis. Your improvements are fast and better. I might be able to discharge you till night," he said and smiled at all of us.

Even I grinned and looked at Xavier who was already looking at me with his arms crossed over his chest. I could easily see the happy glint in his eyes as his lips were tugged up in the smallest of smiles.

Braydon and Bryson were also very happy.

As Braydon gave me a side hug and kissed my head while Bryson jumped at the poor nurse and gave her a tight hug with a kiss on her cheeks.

At this, the doctor cleared his throat while I laughed hard.
Braydon hit Bryson while Xavier just rolled his eyes.
And without a doubt, the nurse was blushing hard.

"oops am sorry," Bryson said and winked at the nurse.

She shyly smiled and came near me. Carefully she removed the needles from my wrists.

I hissed as she plucked the needle bit harshly due to nervousness.

I don't blame her, coz all my boys were hovering over us and giving her a very strained look as she was doing her job.
Even Bryson had a serious emotionless look.

"Do it carefully.
Be gentle.
What the fuck you are doing,"

These three brothers snapped at her at once to which she gulped and even I flinched a little.

"I-I am so sorry. You okay?" she asked me genuinely guilty.

"It's ok, I am fine," I dismissed her with a small smile and gave them a side glare which they all ignored royally.

After this, she very carefully took out the pipe which was trusted in my nasal.

It was a very uncomfortable process. I had my eyes tightly shut with my hands gripping Xavier's hands tightly.

Once done with these, the doctor examined my leg and I tried to take a few steps with Xavier holding me carefully.

Certainly, I couldn't walk as my bones were numb and they need a warm massage from a specialist, which would break the clots and puncture the stiff muscles.

Also, my wound was fresh and was hurting as I was moving.
So we opted for a wheelchair, as long as my wound heals.

Braydon went ahead and did all the paperwork while a nurse packed our stuff. Bryson went ahead to make arrangements at home while Xavier was with me all the time.

Finally, after a few hours, I was ready to leave this room.
We thanked the team of doctors and nurses.

I personally thanked them all and expressed my sincere gratitude to all of them.

I even cried when I came out from the hospital with Xavier behind me, as he was the one moving my wheelchair.

Fresh air and sunlight engulfed me while I take deep breaths trying to forget those smells of medicines and the hospital.

"Let's get you home,"

Xavier said as he pressed my shoulder in a comforting manner.

"Let's get us home," I corrected him and smiled as I pressed his hands back.

********
Published on - 02.06.23

How much I missed writer Trysta's pov!!

Do you guys like the chapter ladies?

I am so happy for them.

Also thank you so much for all your love. You guys are truly an angel.

The next update is coming tomorrow.

Till then,
Stay safe and be happy

🤍P.