harry and mia on their first vacation together*

The first time Harry and Mia ACTUALLY go on vacation, it's months after they get back together, and it's Harry's idea.

Of course Mia agrees, but she's not quite sure what she's agreed to.

Because as far her knowledge of Harry traveling goes, the first thing to get checked in is his laptop bag. Harry has always brought work along with him, even when she was his submissive. And that always irked her, but no matter how much she used to complain about it, he never really changed his ways.

So when Harry suggests the vacation with just them two to a nice, quiet place, Mia's jaw is on the floor when Harry doesn't even take his laptop with him.

She eyes him as he's locking his door.

"What is it?" he asks, reaching for his luggage. "I said the Uber will be here in a bit. Just two minutes. I know you can wait two minutes."

"I'm not that impatient," Mia says, though she was definitely annoyed moments ago when he told her that the Uber was going to be a few minutes late. "Are you sure you have everything?"

Harry frowns, looking at his carry on and suitcase. "I'm pretty sure. Why? Are you missing something? It's not too late to run in and grab it."

"No, no. I'm just...confused. So you're not bringing work with you?"

Harry blinks. "No. I'm going on vacation."

"But you always bring work with you."

He frowns deeper. "But I'm going on vacation."

"Without your laptop."

"Exactly."

"I am just concerned."

"For what reason, Mia?"

"Because you always bring work with you."

"Do you want me to bring work with me? On our first ever vacation together?"

"Of course not. And we've done vacations together."

"Those didn't count."

"Why not?"

"Because I brought work with me."

Mia suddenly smiles. She hears the car pull up to Harry's driveway behind her. She loops her arm around Harry's and rests her chin on his shoulder, looking up at his with innocent eyes. "So for the whole week, you're not working? No phone calls, no emails, nothing?"

Harry shakes his head, tapping her bottom lip with his thumb. "Just you and me."

And he stands by his word. In fact, Mia's not sure she sees him on his phone at all for the entirety of the week aside from looking at Google Maps and researching places he wants to visit.

And the truth is that Harry really doesn't have a lot of places in mind for visiting. He mostly looks up dinner places and cafes he thinks Mia will like. Every night, he sends her a list of them and lets her pick the best one in the morning, but aside from that, there's no real planning on either of their ends.

Mia, however, quickly learns that she very much likes the person Harry is on vacation.

He wears loose shorts and flowy button down shirts. His hair falls onto his forehead in curtains, and he tans very quickly, the freckles on his face reappearing after quite some time. He always has sunglasses on, either perched in his hair or on his face, and despite the casualness about his attire and mood, she finds it all so incredibly attractive.

Every morning at the hotel, she wakes up to a nearly naked Harry in between the sheets. Something about hotels makes Harry needy, which is something she already knew, but the occurrence is always so pleasant. He's all long tanned legs and golden bare chest beside her, one arm slung over her stomach, his face pressed against her hair as he sleeps. He looks so peaceful.