slip up part two

hi here's something i wrote as kind of a part two to the blurb titled "slip up." you know, the one where mia calls harry after their breakup and freaks out when he picks up? go back and read that before reading this! this blurb isn't too long, just short of 2k words. enjoy!!!!!!!! let me know what ya think!! if you wanna donate to the poor and broke, aka me, check out my ko-fi in my bio. thanks!

(i'm posting this here 8 hours before posting it on tumblr because i like you guys better shhhh)

***

Mia's very happy with the person Harry's become, and she often finds herself staring at him absentmindedly, eyes glazed over, just watching him do mundane tasks. It's inspiring. And praiseworthy. He did a 360 with his personality, his anger, his emotions. He handles work better. He handles them better.

She lays on his chest sleepily, tracing the butterfly with her fingertip softly, smiling at how he tries to suppress a laugh due to how badly it tickles. His muscles become hard under her touch, controlling the feeling the best he can. She's been tracing his tattoos for ages now, laying in his arms post sex. The bed sheets are covering most of their bodies, just two lovers pressed together in the king sized bed with nothing but underwear on. The lights are turned off, lamps lighting the room weakly, and Harry and Mia lay in the middle of the bed, holding each other.

Harry's the first to speak up, his voice low. "Penny for your thoughts?"

Mia blinks of of her daydream, tilting her head to look at him. His eyes are closed, curls falling into his face, dark and well defined. She admires his beauty for a moment. "Don't cut your hair again."

His chest rumbles with laughter. "Not what you were thinking about. But noted." His eyes don't open. "What are you really thinking about?"

"You."

"As always. Have I done something wrong?"

"You don't do anything wrong."

Harry snorts. "Anymore."

She looks back down at his dimly lit torso, moving her hand down to his ferns. "These are my favorite tattoos of yours."

"Yeah? I thought it would be the mermaid."

"Why?"

Harry shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know. Tits?"

Mia smiles, snuggling her cheek against him. "No. The ferns are my favorite."

"They hurt the most."

"Do you regret any?"

"'Course not. They all mean something to me."

Mia softly presses a kiss to his collarbone, humming when his own fingertips run up the length of her spine, causing her to shiver. He pulls her closer against his warm body in response. Somehow, he's always warmer than her, and softer, even though he insists she's the softer one between them. He kisses the top of her head, pushing his leg between her calves.

"You've had some of these tattoos since you were 22. When I knew the old you."

"Yeah," he chuckles, rubbing his eye with his palm. "Can't believe I had feelings back then."

"You always had feelings, Harry. That's not fair."

"I did have feelings. Mostly for you."

Her heart does a flip in her chest like it always does when he mentions how he feels for her, even though 22 was 3 years ago and they're obviously together now. She doesn't know why it happens, but she hopes it never stops. It causes her lips to pull into a smile. "So why didn't you tell me?"