Chapter Forty-Five

Start from the beginning

Morgan ended up falling asleep almost two hours into the quietness that fell over the study session. Pietro was now hanging upside down from his chair listening to the voice on his laptop read his notes back to him. Kate was leaning against Yelena's chest, both girls going over their last geometry review. Penny had moved on to French almost an hour into the session; within the past three days, she'd spent her recuperation completing all her missing work for her English, History, and Biology classes. Tony had managed to get the P.E. teacher to wave the end of the year fitness test due to her having surgery and the only thing she had for orchestra was the concert. She was ready to go back to school, she found being cooped up in the medbay extremely boring, but she knew that wasn't happening till Monday. Wanda remained in the same position from two hours earlier, her bangs falling out of her brain and into her eyes while she methodically highlighted sections of her notes. Pepper walked into the room, coming to pull the high schooler's out to get their supper. She slid the door open and walked into the hospital room, her heels clicking against the tile floor. She walked over to the hospital bed gently kissing Penny on the cheek and picking Morgan up, effectively waking the eight year old up from her nap.

"Supper is ready upstairs." she announced, her gaze fell on Penny as she adjusted Morgan onto her hip, "How are you feeling, sweetpea?" she asked.

"Pretty good, I'm bored in here though." she replied with a slight shrug.

Pepper nodded, "Well then, you'll like what I came to tell you." she replied, smiling at the teenager.

"What'd you come to tell me mom?" she asked, her brown eyes looking at the strawberry-blonde expectantly.

"Stephen and Bruce agreed that you could start coming up to dinner. You're not discharged just yet, baby, but it's a step closer."

Penny grinned, "Really?! That's great!"

Pepper laughed, "Yes, really. Now let's get you ready and we can go to dinner."

Wanda smiled brightly, the telltale red glow of her powers dancing between her fingertips, "Already on it Peanut." she replied, waving her fingers over the thirteen year old.

A red mist settled over the hospital gown the thirteen year old was wearing and vanished just as quickly as it appeared, leaving the young brunette to be in a loosely fitted dress that she often wore in the previous summer.

Penny looked down at herself, "I gotta learn to do that." she mumbled to herself. "Thank you Wanda."

Wanda laughed, "Maybe one day Peanut. I used a loose fitted dress so it doesn't rub on your stitches and it's no problem." she replied, slightly amused by Penny's revelation about her powers.

"Thank you Wanda," Pepper replied, looking around the room, "Where is your brother sweetpea?" she asked, noticing that her son wasn't in the room.

Pietro cleared his throat and pointed up to the ceiling towards Peter, who was pacing back and forth on the ceiling in his socks while he wrote down equations he'd memorized for his robotics class in notebook.

Pepper followed his gaze and gasped, "Peter Benjamin Parker-Stark get down from the ceiling right now!" she fussed, her blue eyes wide as she stared at the sixteen year old.

The teen looked up from his book, his expression slightly dazed from being pulled out of his concentrated state.

His face paled slightly when he saw his mother staring up at him, "Oh...uh hi mom...When'd you get here?" he asked.