From Lively Peaches and Vermillion Feathers, Beget Monochrome Art Part 4

Comenzar desde el principio

"Well, alright then. Keep us in the air, I'm pretty sure that sudden contact with the ground will kill everyone. Do you know how to become a human?"

Dulce shook her head. "Meeeeé."

"It's simple. Think of yourself as a human. Imagine hair instead of fluffy wool, or something like that."

She took Felícia's advice to heart, for no sooner was Felícia done speaking that she felt a comfortable sensation in her hands. White wool, attached to a human arm. Dulce stared back, her white hair billowing with her large cloak.

"I guess it worked?" She asked.

Felícia nodded. "So, ready?"

"Yes." She took out a small paintbrush. "I remember using this."

"I'll leave you to it."

As a house swung into view, Felícia grabbed onto the clothesline and used it for momentum onto another clothesline. The other girl had apparently recovered, judging from the loud chanting that seemed to fill Felícia's ears. Felícia herself summoned the little cloud and hopped on after enough clotheslines. The towering creature was unaffected, its feet firmly rooted. Guiding the nimbus upwards, she spied the other girl forcing metal girders around the molten legs. The titan called forth more meteors from above, but they were suspended in midair. Felícia grinned, grabbing a few cards from her amulet and speeding along next to the creature. As she moved, she noticed Dulce on one of the buildings drawing something with her paintbrush. Interestingly enough, the ink hung in the air. With her other free hand, Dulce flicked and the meteors soared upwards into the sky.

Coming close to the creature's head, Felícia let loose a barrage of mud and sand. With another card, she transmuted it into stone.

"Heh, it'll never see me coming."

Something about Dulce's transformation set her mind running. While she never tried it, maybe she possessed the power of magnetism. Swinging back to the other girl, she tapped on her shoulder.

"Hm? Why are you here?" The rooster's mask reflected the light of the fireballs.

"I need to ask you a favour." For her idea, Felícia needed to work with this girl, crazy as she is. "Can you make some iron rods?"

"Oh? This one made the agreement upon the condition, insisted upon by the monkey, that her business would not be interfered with."

"I am not-"

"Very well, then this one has her own terms to dictate in the future. What are your designs regarding the rods?"

"Stick them in that monster, see if I can attract other magnetized objects, and maybe ask Dulce if she can draw something."

"What makes one think that she can execute this design?"

"You know how everything lifted in the air once Dulce transformed? For me, anything that was magnetic was attracted to me. I might be able to harness this."

"A risky design, but one with no failures should we succeed. Very well, this one will produce the needed rods."

The other girl started singing again. The air shimmered as iron rods took on shape. At that moment, Dulce appeared cradling a goat horn and holding her paintbrush in one hand.

"What are these for?" She asked.

After a quick explanation, she nodded. "If I draw a fence, it may delay it long enough for you to enact your plan. As for where...the bay perhaps?"

Felícia agreed. Directing the little cloud to the bay, she loosed most of her deck in the bay. Two iron rods erupted out of the surface of the water. She tested with a gentle nudge. They stuck together. Satisfied, Felícia looked up-and found the giant starting to break free of the fence, a molten fist emerging from the paint coming off of the fence. Calling for her cloud, she zoomed in front of the giant.