"That's kind of what we want," she nods, "baby Rogue and then one more."

"It seems like you got pretty lucky with her, she's been really good," I nod.

Hayley agrees, "She's perfect. She barely cries at night, easy to put down, and she's the cutest."

"She is," I giggle, "I've always wanted a little girl. Her name would be Charlotte, after my grandma. And we'd call her Lottie."

"That's a cute name," Hayley nods and smiles at me, "how old do you want to be when you have kids?"

I shrug, "I guess whenever I'm satisfied with my music. Probably when I'm 27 ish. I'm still super young though, so I've got time."

"We didn't really plan on having her," Hayley sighs, "well, we weren't trying. But she wasn't an accident either."

"Serendipity," I look to her and smile.

"I actually know what that means," Jack butts in.

I lol at him and nod, "I'm so proud of you. I think it might be time to push you to a 3rd grade reading level."

"As long as the books have pictures," he nods and puts his lips into a line.

"Maybe you're not ready," I jokingly wince and he rolls his eyes.

Hayley and Josh share an amused look just as the waiter came with our food.

The rest of the lunch went by a lot better than I expected. Josh and Hayley were really cool people and I never needed rescuing from Jack.

Hayley wanted to get pictures by some trees and I agreed with her. This moment was special to me, no matter how insignificant it was to them.

melaniecollins

Liked by jackchampion, gracieabrams, and 101,372 othersmelaniecollins can't wait to be a mom @hayleyamber

melaniecollins can't wait to be a mom @hayleyamber

username1 stop that's adorable!

hayleyamber From now on you will be called aunt Mellie

username2 wait they're jacks friends aren't they?

jackchampion 2nd grade reading level my butt
melaniecollins reply to @jackchampion maybe when you're ready for chapter books😘

username3 omg pregnancy announcement????
melaniecollins reply to @username3 haha no

grantcampbell You'd be a great mom❤️

gracieabrams wifey material🫶
melaniecollins reply to @gracieabrams getting married rn

username4 omg she turned her comments on😭🫶
Liked by melaniecollins