o n e

CHAPTER: ONE

﹕ FAREWELL

FAREWELL

" yes my love, i promise I'll stay a long as you do"

•••

My eyes flutter open after I give them a little massage, I slouched down and as usual, my hair was a mess. I looked to the side of the bed, where he was obviously not present because he is a morning person and is probably currently preparing breakfast.

I quickly showered in the bathroom, finished my morning skincare regimen, and put on my attire for the day as I sluggishly made my way to the toilet. I grinned at the mirror when I saw how I looked.

You mustn't cry too much when he leaves, You look very lovely in this makeup!

My foolish attempt to talk myself out of crying when he left made me chuckle at how foolish it was of me to do so.

I walked downstairs after that and found him seated in a chair in front of the dining table that was serving the greatest breakfast I had ever seen. On the little radio he purchased specifically to listen to this type of music in the morning, a slow, traditional tune was playing. He appeared not to use his phone while reading the newspaper, but my man wasn't a big fan of technology so he spent every morning reading a magazine or newspaper instead.

"Good morning," I said as I encircled his neck from behind and kissed his cheek. He pecked my palm and peered at me while fixing his glasses. "Good morning, most gorgeous lady." I flushed. I guess I'll never get used to his cheesy nature. I pecked his brow before taking my seat and joining him for the beautiful meal he had prepared.

"Jagi, I have something to show you later." I said after eating the slice of bread, and he nodded, "sure."

After breakfast and doing the dishes with him, I hung my apron, gripped his wrist enthusiastically, and was going to walk out of this kitchen with him when he stopped me and said, "Should we have a dance first, m'lady?" He smirked, and I rolled my eyes. "Come on, Hwan! It's not time for a dance; you'll leave in an hour. I want to show you the thing!" I scolded him.

The only response I received was him pulling my arm and firmly placing his hand on my hip. His deep, assured voice sent chills down my spine as he leaned in and murmured, " But I want to have a dance with my lady since I won't see her again for a month."

With his strong hold on my hips and his head resting on my shoulder, he expertly swayed me. There was a little space between us that even an ant couldn't get through. He closed his eyes and smelled my hair. " You know how much I'll be missing you, darling?" He queried. As I felt his warm breath on my bare shoulder, my cheeks began to warm up. "I will miss you more, dummy," he hummed, and he held me close for a good five minutes before he pulled away and let me take him to my art room.

"Close your eyes!" I exclaimed before I opened the room door. He laughed as I walked him to my artwork.

" When did you make this, Jagi?" he asked as he opened his eyes and let out a quiet gasp upon seeing the painting in front of him.

I replied, grinning, "I finished it yesterday!" He smiled and gave me a nod before he avrted his gaze to the painting once again.

He immediately recognized us because of the girl's wavy brown hair and the boy's long black hair; he smiled and commented, "You are truly talented my love; my eyes are blessed by this beautiful painting; the clouds and the drops of rain are so beautifully detailed." I proudly grinned as he fluffed my hair. "Thank you, but I wouldn't get the idea if you hadn't had me dance in the rain with you the previous week." He smugly grinned and chuckled at my response: " . See, I always give you ideas! " .

As I embraced his waist, I nodded and said, "Yes, I'm truly lucky to have you, Hwan."

ִֶָ ࣪ ៹ # LAST TEARS ━━━━━━━━━━━━

When I handed him his suitcase, he grinned and said, "Baby, don't handle heavy items when I am away, because! you could be pregnant." He winked making me scowl at his odd comment: " Huh? Why do you say that? " He laughed and drew me in for a quick but sweet kiss. I grinned as he moved away, saying, " Take care of yourself, sweetheart," as he gently stroked my hair. "You too, Jagi, keep safe and eat well, okay? Don't procrastinate wash your socks as soon as you take them off. " Before giving me one more embrace and opening the car door, he laughed and nodded.

He waved to me one final time, and I waved back. His car was slowly disappearing, and I shed a tear as I realized how difficult a month without him would be.

•••

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━AUTHOR'S NOTE: Let's have one fluffy chapter before we start the ✨angst✨P

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Let's have one fluffy chapter before we start the angst
P.S. sorry for the terrible banner </3
MON JUN 12   . 2023
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━