Family

The news was obviously a shock to me. I couldn't help but notice the joy that had lit up Draco's face at the news of me being a pure blood. All of this was still so new to me. It was hard to believe I had an uncle at all. I was so focused on learning who my parents were that any thought of any other relatives never crossed my mind. Our little moment was interrupted however by Harry and his friends.

   "Oi Ferret what are you doing out here!" Ron shouted to Draco from down the hall. Draco bristled at the ferret comment.

   "This is family business, you're not needed here Malfoy." Harry jumped in. Family business? I looked between Harry and Sirius with a quizzical look on my face.

   "I'm Harry's Godfather." Siris explained catching on to my confusion.

   "You can leave Draco." Hermione stated as they finally reached our spot. Draco uncrossed his arms and went to leave when I grabbed his hand stopping him in his tracks. 

   "I want Draco to be here. I asked him to come so I'll be the one to ask him to leave." I said with a slight blush blossoming across my cheeks.

  "A friend of my niece is a friend of mine, Draco is welcome to stay. Harry this is your...er cousin in a way." Sirius said with a slight smile.

   "Now wher-" he began again.

   "Um pardon, Ron your brother's Fred and George are here. They've brought your cousin Quincey to visit." Blaise Zabini said walking up to our crowd.

   "Ugh bloody hell, not cousin Quincey." Ron groaned before walking back to the dining hall.

   "Maybe we should try this another time." Harry concluded. We all nodded in agreement then began walking back to the dining hall. My hand still hadn't left Draco's, with that realization my cheeks deepened their already pink color to a bright red.

   We began walking lagging behind the group for only a moment before Draco pulled me into a side hallway. He waited a few moments looking toward where we were just at before he backed me against the wall.

  "D-Draco what are you doing!?" I asked flustered.

  "Oh sorry," he said backing up a bit, "I just wanted us to have a little privacy. You're a pure blood!"

  "Yes I have no idea why that changes things. What does it even mean?" I ask.

  "It means I can do this." He said before kissing me fiercely. His lips against mine felt like velvet. The kiss itself was magical in no ironic sense. He had closed the gap he previously made before and pressed me against his chest between the wall. His hands clutched my face until I brought my own up to his. Then as quick as he kissed me he pulled away.

   "Now that I've done that I should probably tell you that I really like you." He said kind of muffled as his arm was covering his mouth and his face flushed deep red. He looked shocked at his own actions.

   "Draco, I-" I began.

   "There you two are! Hurry up or your going to miss breakfast." Blaise said coming around the corner. And with that we ran back to the dining hall.