CHAPTER 6

Taehyung continuously tapped his fingers on the table before deciding to go out of his office. From where he stood, he clearly saw Sohee eyeing him from head to toe with a gaze that judges his whole existence.

'huh? Did that girl find an ally?'  he thought to himself while  approaching his secretary.

"Did Ms. Kim leave?"

"Yes sir"

"Next time, I don't want you doing the work for her alright?" Sohee almost went deaf upon hearing what her boss had just said.

"I'm afraid, I don't know what you're talking about sir?"

"The report. You did it right?"

"What? I would never sir! Jennie did all of it, I just helped with the layout but the content was all her" she answered truthfully causing Taehyung to completely slide his hands inside his pockets before mindlessly biting his bottom lip.

'I may have made a mistake'

The day went on as usual until the next day came. It was almost lunch and yet Jennie was nowhere to be seen. Taehyung wanted to at least say sorry for the misunderstanding.

He may be a tough nut to crack sometimes but he knows when he has done something wrong and he's willing to fix it.

His phone rang for a good 3 minutes before he heard it and decided to pick it up.

"Yah! What did you do to my daughter Kim?!" Taehyung heard from the other line that almost made him choke on his own spit. He wasn't expecting a call from Jennie's father.

"S-Sir?"

"My daughter called me last night, she was drunk! Saying that you're some mindless jerk who needs to take responsibility! DID YOU GET MY DAUGHTER PREGNANT?!" He distanced his ear away from the phone upon hearing the latter scream on the other line.

Panicking, Taehyung stood up from his chair.

"No sir! I did a mistake—"

"SO SHE'S PREGNANT?!!"

"NO—sir. I have misjudged her yesterday and I admit that I was wrong so I guess it's about that...and not the situation you're talking about. I would never—"

"WHAT?! WHY NEVER? WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY DAUGHTER HUH?! SHE'S PRETTY AND WOULD PROBABLY BECOME A GOOD MOTHER!" Taehyung had no choice but to squint his eyes shut, not bothering to reply anymore, afraid that he might worsen the situation.

"Should I come see her then sir? And then tell you how she's doing. I'd apologize for my mistake as well" the other line went silent before he heard a deep long sigh.

"Very well..."

"You were talking about how spoiled your daughter is last time sir. But look at you care—"

"Shut up" the call ended immediately causing Taehyung to smile.

'he really loves her a lot' 

Taehyung took his coat from the rack before grabbing his keys.

11:23 am

He put on his million dollar shades before leaving his office and going straight to his secretary.

"Cancel all my appointments this afternoon. I have somewhere to be" the latter nodded her head as a response, alowing Taehyung to leave.

He hopped inside his car before driving to Jennie's condominium. As soon as he entered the parking lot, he was quite amazed by the building. It is one of the most luxurious building he had seen in Seoul.