Chapter 5

At the sound of the buzzer, time started ticking down. Ojiro and Hagakure were strategizing inside, while Shoji and Todoroki gathered at the front door.

Shoji's Quirk, Dupli-Arms, allowed him to replicate body parts on the tips of his tentacles. This allowed him to locate their opponents and listen to even the quietest of sounds.

"One's in the hall on the north side of the fourth floor," he reported. "And I think the other's on the same level somewhere. Both are barefoot. I bet the invisible one plans to sneak up and surprise us."

"For your own safety, go outside." Todoroki's abrasiveness took Shoji by surprise. "I'm sure our opponents intend to fight a defensive battle. But we've already won."

The boy walked forward and placed his right hand on the wall. At his touch, the wall began to freeze, spreading swiftly over the entire hall. With the step of his right foot, the floor did the same. No doubt the frost was continuing to the upper floors.

Shoji stepped outside as the building coated in a thick layer of ice and frost. The villains on the fourth floor were frozen in the process, and found themselves immobilized.

"Ow, ow, ow!" exclaimed Hagakure. "My feet are stuck!"

"This Quirk is insane," Ojiro grunted.

The sound of crunching, heavy footsteps echoed from the dimly lit halls. The villains turned to the doorway as Todoroki's menacing, half frozen figure stepped through.

"Pry yourself up if you want," he taunted, "but it might be hard to fight me with no skin on the bottom of your feet."

The cold from the battleground reached as far as the monitoring room. Class 1A watched with literal chills as Todoroki walked past Ojiro with ease.

"He incapacitated them without compromising the weapon or his teammate," shivered All Might. "Take close note of his technique, students."

Aina watched with cold, misty breath as Todoroki effortlessly placed his hand on the faux weapon.

"The hero team wins!"

Just when everyone thought it was over, a cloud of mist suddenly filled the room. Todoroki's left hand, still pressed against the weapon, was steaming. The ice that covered the building from ground to ceiling started melting in a flash.

"Heat too?" gasped Ojiro.

"It's not your fault," said Todoroki. "We're just playing on different levels."

Even Shoji was wide-eyed at his teammate. He, Ojiro and Hagakure all chose to walk behind Todoroki as they made their way back to the monitoring room. They were all unnerved to say the least.

"Holy crap!" exclaimed Sato.

"That guy's kind of intimidating," said a nervous Kaminari.

"He got in on a recommendation, so he must be good," added Asui.

Aina watched the screen as everyone continued to chat.

Not bad, Todoroki. You lived up to your word after all.

"Moving on!" announced All Might. "Time to gather 'round for a review of the second match. After that, we'll jet on over to our next battle!"

"Yes, sir!"

Everyone met with the four students that returned from the battlegrounds. Some praised the heroes for their victory, while others tried to console the team that lost.

"Aoi." Aina turned as Tokoyami called her name. "We're up. We should head out."

The girl nodded and made her way to the door. She brushed past Todoroki on the way.