Feelings 🎀

I wake up to my clock ringing. I look at the time, it's around 10:00 AM maybe?
Today, me and Mari have a girls day out. No boys, nobody else. Just us. Like how it used to be.
I get up and walk over to BunBun's cage. She's stirring around, looking at me expectantly.

"Do you want food, baby?" I puppy talk to her. Her nose wiggles. I grab her food and take her little bowl out. I've become a master at not spilling her food. During the first months, I would always give her too much or too little. Now I give her a good even amount.

"Here, BunnyBun." I smile at her, waving at her with my pointer finger. I threw a couple treats in her bowl because she's been really good lately.

While she eats, I walk over to my dresser and get some clothes. A pair of loose fit running shorts and a tank top with butterflies on the sides. I change, turning away from BunBun. I know she's my bunny, and doesn't care, or will tell anyone what I look like. She's not even looking at me, but I still turn around.
I grab a jacket and fling it around myself.

I've learned my lesson about leaving my stuff around the house where my mom has access to it. I go over to my dresser and look through my ribbon rack. I pick out an orange one to match the butterflies on my shirt.
I brush through my tangles and tie the bow around my head.

BunBun starts making noises at me, hopping around her cage.

"Do you want to stretch your legs, huh? Do youuu.." I tease. I open up her cage and pick her up. I place her on my bed and she skips around, looking content.

"Guess what, Bun? Aubrey's going out of town today!" I say, laying down next to her. I look at my clock, I have about ten minutes before I'm supposed to leave.

I hear Mari honk outside. I wave to BunBun in her cage. I refilled her water and gave her a carrot to tie her over for a few hours since she already ate breakfast.
I carefully climb down my ladder, cautious of my mom in the living room. I tiptoe past her and out the door. I stop holding my breath on the way to Mari's car.

I sit down in the passenger seat and roll my window down. Mari puts the car in reverse and rolls out of my cracked driveway.

"Hi Mari!" I say, I can't help but smile.

"Hey, Aubs!" She says. "Ready for today?"

"Yes!!" I'm so excited. I love café days with Mari. Café days are what Mari calls them, anyway. They're just girls days out. We usually go to a café about an hour away.

"I knowww we save our talks for the café.." Mari starts. "But, I have a feeling, Aubrey."

"A feeling?" I ask, turning the radio up a couple notches.

"Yes. A feeling. About you and Kel specifically."

Oh? That's.. new. "What? What kind of feeling? Mari you aren't going to make me do tarot cards again are you?"

"No, no! Like, I can really feel it this time! Hero says he's noticed it too! There's tension!"

"Oh, great." I say with sarcasm. "You've given Hero a case of the delusions."

She slaps my shoulder playfully. "I'm telling you, Aubrey! Something's there!"

"There literally isn't!" I say. I curl up in my seat, my knees to my chin. "I don't have any.. tension? I don't feel any tension."