Chapter 12 - Meet The Family (Part 2)

Mom: *On the phone* Hey honey! We are about there! just another mile!

Jason's mother said as Jason was getting more and more nervous at their arrival

Jason: Alright! Let me know when you pull in, the drive-up is a bit long. 

He said as Kaya entered the room after a shower, her fur more fluffy after using the hair dryer Jason bought for her. 

Kaya: That your mother?

She asks as she dries more with the towel around her head while another is around her torso and waist.

Jason: Yea, they are almost here, about a mile out.

He says, of course, his mother overheard.

Mom: Is that Kaya?! Oh, I am so excited to see her! Hi honey! I can't wait to see you! 

She exclaims over the phone, loud enough that Kaya can hear. Kaya just giggles.

Kaya: You will be in for a surprise! I can't wait either!

She says, drying herself off more aggressively to hurry, she wants to be more presentable to Jason's family.

Mom: I think we are to turn off onto your property, we are about there! Ooo! I like that mailbox you have! You paint it yourself? 

She says, referring to the handmade mailbox Jason built when he finished building his house. 

Jason: Yea, made it when I finished building this house. 

He said, helping Kaya find something nice to wear, both decided to have her wear a nice and comfortable outfit he got her a while ago for her to wear around the house. Her tribal outfit is in her dresser he got her to fit all the clothes that he bought her.

Jason: Alright, I need to help Kaya get dressed, I'll see you when you get here, honk when you pull in alright? 

Jason requested as he helps Kaya with combing her hair. 

Mom: Alright honey, I'll see you soon! Love you! You as well Kaya!

She says as she hangs up, both Kaya and Jason sigh in relief to finally hang up to get breathing room to help her get ready. 

Mini Timeskip brought to you by too many lemonade bottles (its an ocean)

*HONK* *HONK* 

Jason: Welp...here they are, are you ready Kaya? How do you want to do this? You come out after I call for you after reassuring them to not get too excited?

He offers, thinking it's the best option.

Kaya: I think that will work, give them time to get a good look at me, as much as it worries me, I know my kind is nothing as they've ever seen, but just from talking to your mother, I'm hopeful it will be different. 

She says as she readjusts the necklace Jason got her for Christmas. Kaya puts the final touches as Jason goes out to greet his family. As he opens the door, his family exits their car, His mother is very excited to see him walk out.

Mom: Ahh! Hey Jason!!! 

She says running to hug him, since he was very young, Jason has always been a momma's boy, even as an adult, she still treats him as such.

Jason: Hey Mom, I can tell you missed me-

He says as she hugs him tightly, it's been a few years since he's seen everyone since moving. He breaks away from the hug and moves to his father.