Chapter 9 - Finally Happy

Jason slowly wakes up cuddling the warm and soft fur of Kaya, both were very tired after the night they had at the ceremony. Her bed is surprisingly very soft, seems the different furs they got from the animals they hunted are used to make the bedding very soft, even when used a lot. Jason gets up and sits on the edge of the bed but feels soft paw pads on him.

Kaya: 10 more minutes?~

Kaya says in a slightly seductive voice. 

Jason: Ok fine, only because I can't say no to that adorable face~

Jason said as he blushes a bit, he crawls back into the bed with her, and Kaya nuzzles her muzzle into Jason's chest as she sleeps longer. Jason is smiling greatly, small tears swell up in his eyes as he falls back asleep.

A Dive into the Past

Jason grew up in a small town in Nebraska, and although he loved the state, he was sick of it, he never really had any close friends growing up. He wasn't an extroverted kid, unlike his siblings. He loved his siblings a lot, especially his brother since his sister was out and lived on her own. He was close to his brother, but when he moved out, he was all alone. He of course had his parents but his mother kept trying to push him to be more social. He understood their reasonings but he just didn't like to, The area they lived in was just the worst to try and socialize in. The high school he graduated from was awful, especially the kids.

Throughout his time in that school, he was bullied and mocked, and no one even helped him, only his brother, but when he graduated, the bullying got worse. Jason never had a close enough friend that he loved, he never had a girlfriend and always felt alone. He hoped that after he graduated and he moved out of state, he would be happier. He had the idea to move to Alaska since he really liked the scenery of the state, and hoped to live in a secluded enough house that he would feel happy, and he decided to take a trip there. He never flew out of state before, nor even flown, he was terrified to get on the plane, but when he took his trip to Alaska to get a feeling for it, he loved it, and he made up his mind to move there, After college, he saved and saved money, and he saved up enough money to build his own house.

 Jason temporarily lived in an apartment while he was building his house and during the times he wasn't building, he was finding a job related to his profession, he found one and quickly became the shop manager, he loved his job and made a few friends, they often came by to help build his house. But over time, they came by less, Jason understood that they had other things to do, they worked in a shop anyways and since he was the shop manager, he had more free time to build his house. He was glad he moved out of Nebraska, he was glad he got away from the town he was in, he of course missed his parents but that's normal for a fresh adult leaving home. The only thing he felt down about, was that he was still alone. He had his working friends but they never came over to hang out with him. He didn't think about their reasonings as he would likely be more saddened by it. It wasn't until he met a person that basically changed his life. 

Back to present

Jason woke up with his phone alarm going off, he bought a portable charging battery to charge his phone when he is with Kaya and her tribe, I guess he can say his own tribe now since last night. Kaya woke up as well to the sound of his phone going off, she was startled but is a bit used to it. Jason turned it off and rolled over to see Kaya staring at him.

Kaya: Have to head back? 

She asks nuzzling her muzzle into his chest again.

Jason: Yea, I have a few things to do at the shop. 

He says nuzzling his face into her neck, both are very comfortable at this point.

Kaya: I'd really love to come to see your work sometime...