ೃ⁀➷ ii. welcoming party

Start from the beginning

shayla let out a bitter laugh. "i really liked him. and maybe, in the beginning, he did, too. but apparently he kissed his younger sister's best friend. and you know who told me? the younger sister." shayla heard q curse under his breath but she continued. "i really liked him, q. i didn't think i could like anyone after seojun, you know how much he hurt me, but... god."

"shay..."

"we hooked up a lot. but you know i've never actually... done it."

q nodded his head. "yeah, i know you've been wanting to do it with someone you genuinely loved."

"i considered it."

"what!?" q shouted, completely taken off guard, and almost slid off his treadmill. he quickly lowered his incline and speed before turning to his friend. he knew shayla liked him, she liked him enough not to go to london to be with minho, but sex was a big deal to her.

she wasn't overly religious or anything, she never planned on waiting til marriage. but she was at least waiting for someone special. someone she was really in love with.

"yeah," shayla bitterly laughed. "whatever, it's over. it was just a summer fling, honestly."

q gave her a sad smile. "and what about... you know who?"

shayla laughed, a genuine one this time, as she shook her head. "what about him?"

"have you seriously never considered acting on your feelings for him? his feelings for you?"

"no, not really."

"why not?" q asked and shayla looked at him, not able to give him a proper answer.

the two of them stayed that way for a while, just staring at each other, before shayla turned away and quicked her speed rate and the incline level. q, sensing the conversation was over, did the same and the two of them ran in silence.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

shayla ended up choosing a white sheath dress out of the options eleanor prestened. it was simple which she greatly appreciated. the three of them were heading inside, eleanor wearing an apron-type pink dress whilst na-ri a babydoll yellow dress.

when they entered, eleanor went to find her girlfriend and na-ri her boyfriend. shayla tried to watch in envy as they jumped in their respective partner's arms.

she instead went to find her friends, which she did in ease as she knew they would choose a table at the center for the room. likely it was minho that chose it.

"hey, guys," shayla said as she placed a hand on top of minho's shoulders. the two boys, who seemed to be having a serious conversation, turned to her. "oh, sorry for interrupting."

"you weren't interrupting anything, don't worry," minho said to her, his tone soft but looked at q with a serious face that said don't say anything. he wordlessy handed her a jacket. her jacket.

"is that shayla's jacket? the one she will murder anyone for if they dare touch it? why do you have it, minho?" q bombarded them with questions as shayla wore her leather jacket.

minho glared at his friend before explaining, "she gave it to me during the last day. i was supposed to give it back when she went to me during the summer but she didn't so she didn't get it back." though he sounded casual, both q and shayla knew this was a jab at her.

"i thought we were over this—" shayla was cut off as someone bumped into her. she didn't fall as minho wrapped his arms around her and pulled her back up. the two of them awkwardly coughed as the person who bumped into her apologized profusely.