Zelda was enchanted, having missed watching the beautiful dances held in the Gerudo court.

Link nodded to her and moved along, encouraging her to do the same so they'd make it to the town before it got too much darker.

"Sav'saaba!" A call came from the shadows of the town gates as Link and Zelda appeared.

Zelda looked around, unsure of where it had come from, before noticing movements from the corners of the walls.

All at once, four guards stepped out from the darkness, golden armor shining in the light of the moon. They made no threatening moves, but their presence and gleaming weapons were enough to make the two Hylians stop in their tracks, unsure of what to do.

"What business do you have in Gerudo?" The guard in the front asked, not moving from her position in front of the entrance.

"We have come to see the chief of Gerudo town," Zelda stated, trying to sound as queenly as possible while her heart raced like a hare.

"Why? What does the chief want with you?" The guard asked again, raising an eyebrow in suspicion.

"I am her goddaughter. I have come to visit her for a little while, as I promised." Zelda replied, getting a little nervous. Why was this taking so long? Why couldn't I just enter? Link stood silently behind her, trying to keep Epona from getting jumpy.

"If what you say is true, then you are welcome here. Vasaaq." The guard in front stepped to the side, and as Link and Zelda rode through, each of the guards whispered "Vasaaq." And bowed slightly, showing respect and hospitality to their guests.

As they passed under the torches outside of the walls, Zelda squinted at the sudden light, used to looking at a bluish-black darkness that had settled over everything as they traveled.

"Halt!" One of the guards suddenly called, stepping behind Zelda.

What on earth is going on? Did someone try to- Link! 

The guards were lined up in front of the door, weapons leveled with Link as he just sat there on his horse, unable to move.

"Excuse me, he's with me. Please allow him to enter." Zelda said, hoping that would be enough to let him through. Unfortunately, it wasn't.

"You have tried to sneak a Voe into our town. That is forbidden." One of the guards said, not moving.

"But I've been here before! The chief let me and my father in to do research!" Link protested, throwing up his hands.

"If that is so, we will ask the chief to prove this herself, yes?" One of the guards asked, nodding to her fellow guard to go and fetch the chief.

"Yes! That's a wonderful idea! Then she'll tell you we're right!" Zelda huffed, knowing her annoyance wouldn't help anyone, but still letting it show anyway.

A few moments later, Urbosa came striding through the gate, ready to see what the issue was.

"Chief," the head guard stepped forward, bowing as she did so. "This girl who claims to have ties to you tried to smuggle this voe in."

"I see. And that is why he is stopped here? Almost inside the gate, and not from a mile away like always?" Urbosa asked, looking down at her guard.

"I must admit, I did not recognize he was a voe until he was directly next to the torchlight." The guard bowed again, apologetic.

"Hmmm... let them in." Urbosa decided, becoming Link to follow her and Zelda through the gate.

" I can't believe they did that! Even after I said I've been here before with my father! With permission from you!" Link threw up his hands again, annoyed.