We're Nothing Alike

It was 7:00am when Remus Lupins alarm clock went off waking up all four of the boys in the dormitory.

"Can you turn the bloody thing off please!" Sirius was the first to say something as he covered his face with his pillow and tried to go back to sleep.

Remus quickly turned off his alarm clock and sat up in his bed. He took a moment to look at the dormitory in all its glory, it was also the cleanest it would ever be for the next 7 years, but he didn't know that yet. It still hadn't quite hit Remus that he was at Hogwarts. Before the summer he didn't think he'd even be allowed into Hogwarts but now he was here, getting ready for his first proper day.

"Right should we get up then?" James asked the other three boys as he reached for his glasses on his nightstand, "I'd rather not miss breakfast."

"Oh yeah I don't want to miss breakfast" Peter suddenly spoke as he clambered out of his bed and made his way towards the bathroom.

"Well he can move fast when he wants to can't he" Sirius laughed as he watched the chubby boy move quicker than he'd originally thought possible for Peter.

Peter was small and a bit chubby, he had dark blonde hair and just gave off a feeling that he was constantly terrified of everything going on around him. Both James and Sirius noticed this about the boy straight away, however Remus's thoughts were a bit too preoccupied.

Having friends hadn't even crossed Remus's mind when he thought of Hogwarts. He thought it would probably be to difficult to hide his secret and when they inevitably found out what the scarred boys big secret was he expected they'd never want to speak to him again. Remus had decided he was fine with not having friends but simply people he said hello to every morning in passing. He'd much rather that than the whole school hate him.

The four boys all began getting ready as they unpacked their trunks and took turns in the bathroom. It turned out that Sirius was the only one who knew how to tie a tie and even he couldn't do it very well. This meant that 15 minutes of the morning was spent with Sirius trying to tie all four boys ties which almost made them late for breakfast, which started at 8:30.

The first year Gryffindor girls did not have the issue of almost being late for breakfast as they had all woken up at 6:30 due to excitement.

Ellie began to get ready and decided as it was her first day she wanted to look good to try and give off the impression that she wasn't absolutely terrified of everything going on around her. She often made herself look better to try and make herself feel better during her first year at Hogwarts, in fact it became something she felt people expected of her by the time it came to her second year.

The girls laughed and got ready together as they did each others hair and put mascara on each other. Seeing as they were all 11 years old they felt extremely rebellious and excited by the fact that they were wearing makeup and there weren't any adults to tell them off. Ellie and Marlene also experimented with their skirts to see if they could get away with rolling them up slightly to make them a bit shorter.

"It's touching my knees!" Marlene shouted to the giggling group of girls, "I feel like a nun, please Ellie you have to help me make my skirt look like yours. If you don't I think I might just die as I will most certainly fall down the staircase because I tripped over my extremely long skirt!"

The girls all laughed and friendship was quickly established, they also seemed to break off into pairs that just kind of stuck through the years as they walked down to the great hall for their first Hogwarts breakfast. Lily and Ellie walked together at the front, Marlene and Dorcas behind them, and Alice and Mary at the back.

At 8:31 the six girls sat down at the Gryffindor table all still talking and laughing with each other about one of the third year boys in Hufflepuff who had fallen asleep at his table and let his head drop into his bowl of cereal. He now had cornflakes stuck to his forehead.

Eleanor Potter ~ My Brother's Best FriendOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara