The Hogwarts Express

The day of September 1st came and Ellie had never been so nervous in her life. James on the other hand hadn't slept all night and decided that 5:30 in the morning was a suitable time to wake everyone in the house up.
He started with Ellie.

"NORA! NORA!" James whisper shouted as he flung her door open and drew back her curtains "Wake up Nora! It's Hogwarts day!"

Ellie had never seen James with such a big smile on his face until this moment, he smiled often but never like this. It was rare that Ellie saw this smile but when she did see it she knew how happy he was feeling. This was the only reason why Ellie didn't hit James over the head with her alarm clock when she checked to see what the time was as she slowly opened her eyes.

"Jamie it's half past five in the bloody morning! What do you think your doing?"

"Waking you up because as previously mentioned it's Hogwarts day!"

"Yes but the train doesn't leave King's Cross until 11 so we don't need to leave until 10 if we're planning on getting there for half past." Ellie reminded James as he began to make his way back towards her bedroom door to get and wake up their parents.

"Exactly we only have four and a half hours until we need to leave! Your lucky you got to sleep in this late!"

And with that James left Ellie alone in her room to get ready to leave for Hogwarts for the first time. She was actually secretly thankful that James had awoken her when he did as she had been waking up every half hour since two in the morning, but more due to nerves than excitement.

At around 6 Ellie made her way downstairs to find James attempting to make everyone's breakfast though he didn't really have a clue what he was doing as he didn't understand how anything worked. Euphemia and Fleamont both quite liked cooking the muggle way with ovens and things, the wizard ing world is so complex that they always felt some things should just be kept simple. Like food.

"Need some help there James?" Ellie asked as her brother was now stood there scratching his chin with his arms folded across his body, "Have you ever even cooked anything before?"

"Well no, but I thought I'd be able to figure it out, I mean if dad can cook why shouldn't I be able to?"

"Well maybe because dad knows how to work everything," answered the twins father as he walked into the kitchen "and I find it quite upsetting that you truly think so badly of my excellent cooking skills and knowledge."

Fleamont then began to make the four of them breakfast as Euphemia checked over with both of them that they had definitely packed everything they needed and weren't forgetting. She also had to confiscate James's broomstick again after she found it hidden behind the kitchen door as James attempted to bring it with him to Hogwarts even though he knew that first years weren't allowed to join the quidditch team.

At around seven o'clock that morning the family retreated back upstairs to get changed and ready. James practically wore the same thing he wore everyday which was a pair of blue jeans, a jumper of some sort (usually red) and his red converse. Euphemia attempted to flatten her sons hair but as always nothing worked and James still had a piece of hair that awkwardly stood up at the back of his head. Ellie decided she was going to make a good first impression and even if she didn't feel very confident, she was determined to look it. She settled on a long sleeved white top and a pair of blue jeans with a purple jumper over the top.

Euphemia then made both twins triple check their trunks and their now one shared booklist making sure they definitely weren't forgetting anything. It was as she was about to make them unpack and repack their trunks for a fourth time that Fleamont took her upstairs, much to her protests, and after around two minutes the twins were sure they heard their mother crying about the fact that she was going to lose them forever and she didn't know what she would do without them.