Reward no.10

“I will apologize for the rudeness from earlier.” It was the first thing the man said, after sitting in the chair brought by his subordinates.

“We were in a state of confusion due to receiving information that was hard for us to understand. I’m sorry.”
The man said looking at them.

“Hmph, you are forgiven.”
Lilith replied to the man.

“I-I’m not mad! It’s alright!”
Y/n said stutter a bit.

Both responded, as the man lowered his head.

“I am Lauro, the chief of the Thorns army corps.”
Lauro introduce himself politely.

“I’m Y/n!”Y/n also politely introduce herself.

“I am Lilith.”Bluntly introduce herself.

The soldiers were relieved to see a normal conversation starting.

Aside from Lauro, they were all looking on, standing by the walls. They felt like Lilith would make them kneel again if they stood too close.

“I have heard of you, Miss Y/n. It seems I must thank you for helping my soldiers.” Lauro politely thanking Y/n for her help.

“Eh, ah, no… I didn’t really…” Y/n deny  it.

Y/n was a little flustered as she answered, because helping soldiers was borderline illegal.

Normally, civilians were not allowed to help soldiers with their jobs, especially if the person helping received money in return.

Among the duties that soldiers had to perform, the one they hated the most was disposing of dead monsters.

Y/n helped with this numerous times, and was compensated for his efforts.

Y/n feared that since Lauro knew about it, she would be receiving a penalty.

Lauro smiled awkwardly as he looked at her.

“I have no intention of penalizing you, but I will do so slightly to the soldiers that relied on you.” Lauro said for y/n make her not worry.

Lauro looked at one of the soldiers standing by the wall, and saw him flinch.

“Ah… T-this might be asking too much but, please don’t punish them too harshly…! Instead I will accept any…!”
Y/n gaining Lauro attention and surprising

Lauro was bewildered as he listened to Y/n, but his appreciation of her increased.

She was kind, and had a good sense of responsibility.

(Ahh…! Y/n you’re so cute. That firm expression you have even though it’s obvious you’re scared is so cute…!)
Lilith said as she keep her calm face while adoring her wife action.

Lauro did not understand why Lilith was writhing in such a creepy manner, but his appreciation of her decreased.

“It won’t be a heavy punishment. At most, they will be made to dispose of monster corpses for a week.”
Lauro said ordering the soldiers.

The soldier standing by the wall did not seem too pleased to hear this, but Y/n was relieved that the punishment was light.

“Now, back to the main point. The monster that you two brought really is the Chimera, no doubt about it.”
Lauro said looking at them.

“Obviously.” Lilith said bluntly.

Lilith found it strange that they could not tell just by looking at it.

Lauro and the other soldiers knew it looked exactly like what they had heard, but had a hard time believing it truly was it.

“Excuse me for asking, but you did not defeat it, did you Theo?”