Chapter 2

^ picture of the man^
I woke up to my alarm going off. "uhhhhhhhggggggg" I hit the off button. I dragged my self out of bed took a shower and got ready for the hip hop class my dad takes me to. Speaking of my dad where are they? They were supposed to be back by last night. I went down stairs and turned on the tv. The first thing that came on was the news. "Breaking news! There was a fatal car crash on the freeway leaving three people dead and one critically injured . A drunk driver smashed into another car, killing himself and 2 victims in the other vehicle. The deceased the in the victim's car were identified as James and Charlotte Pierce. Their daughter Sara Pierce, is in a coma, and is now being treated at a local hospital." "No!" I dropped to the floor. "No! I curled up in a ball "No!" The tears started to flow "No!" I started rocking back and forth "NOOOOO!!!" I screamed and blacked out.
When I woke up it was noon. There was a knock on the door. I got up to answer it. There was a lady standing there in a suit. "Are you Scarlett Pierce?" The lady asked. "Yes." "I'm sorry for your loss and I am here to escort you to Angels orphanage." Memories from this morning started rushing back to me. I held in the tears as I mumbled a "I'll go pack my bags." I rushed up the stairs to my room and closed the door. I grabbed my backpack and stuffed everything I needed in there. 'I have to get out of here' I thought to myself. I looked out the window in my room and saw a tree I could easily climb down. I looked at the door and I heard foot steps. I grabbed my bag and ran to my window. I climbed down the tree and ran. I didn't care where I ended up. I just had to get away from everything.
I ended up at a park. It was late so there was no one there. I sat down on a swing and tried to catch my breath. I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to meet a guy who looked like he was in his 30s. "Hello Scarlett" he said. "How do yo-" he cut me off by pulling out a cloth from his pocket and putting it over my mouth and nose. I breathed in and blacked out, but not before I could hear the man say, "You'll be perfect for him."