New clubs and New information

The next day, Mao and Crystal arrived at the tennis team tryouts, Mao was eager to showcase her skills. She performed exceptionally well, catching the attention of the team members , Wang Mei and even the coach. As they finished their tryouts, the team members exchanged excited whispers about Mao's talent.

"Wahhhh, bestieeee, you never told me you possessed such great talent," exclaimed Crystal, beaming with pride.

"Stop it. It's not as good as you make it sound. I could've done better, but I haven't played in a while," replied Mao, modestly downplaying her performance.

As they were talking, Crystal noticed Wang Mei approaching them, her presence dominating the court. Wang Mei introduced herself as the soon-to-be captain of the girls' tennis team and wore an obvious fake smile.

"Hi! You must be the new girl that everyone is talking about. My name is Wang Mei, the soon-to-be captain of the girls' team," Mei said with a tone of arrogance.

"Hello, my name is Mao. Do you need anything?" Mao responded politely.

Wang Mie continued with her self-assured demeanor, "Well, I was wondering if you were part of a fan club or not."

Mao was taken aback by Mei's blunt and direct question. She could sense that Wang Mei was sizing her up, trying to assert her dominance over the newcomers.

"Why do you ask?" Mao inquired, maintaining her composure despite feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"No reason, just wanted to ask. I know you are new, but still," replied Mei, still keeping her attitude distant and unwelcoming.

"No, I am not, and I don't plan on being a part of one either," Mao responded firmly, refusing to let anyone pressure her into joining something she had no interest in.

Crystal couldn't help but smirk, admiring Mao's confident response. Wang Mei seemed taken aback by Mao's assertiveness, but she quickly regained her composed demeanor.

"Well then, suit yourself," Mei said, her fake smile now replaced with a faint frown. "If you ever change your mind, you know where to find me."

Mao nodded politely, acknowledging her words. As Mei walked away, Crystal leaned towards Mao and whispered, "You handled that like a pro! Don't let her bother you. We're here to enjoy tennis and have fun together."

Soon the classes started and they met Zhiyuan again. "Ya crystal you left me waiting for you after school ended" Zhiyuan started to complain "I never told you to wait for me" said Crystal "and how did you even come at that time don't you have practice or have they finally kicked you out" "Ya stop being meannn!!"Zhiyuan half shouted" and the captain has a nice mood nowadays it is scarier than his bad mood he even smile's whenever someone texts him"" Ohhh I wonder who that is" said Crystal eyeing Mao" I think it is his Girlfriend" announced Zhiyuan suddenly. Mao choked on water. Crystal patted her back "What happened are you ok??"said Zhiyuan" Waittttt   don't tell me you like him too" " No I don't" stated Mao while recovering herself" Mao I think we have to tell him" whispered Crystal" Whyyy??"whispered back Mao" He is like the tennis teams gossip queen" whispered Crystal" So anything that he knows about the tennis team will be known by everyone else to" "More the reason not to tell him" whispered Mao"Well do you want him to publicize that your brother is in a relationship when he is not"said crystal in a whisper"But he knows how to keep a secret" Mao sighed defeatedly "Ok" "What are talking about? Tell meeee" said Zhiyuan" Well need to keep this a secret a very well kept one" said Crystal "What tell me  quick I am dying of curiosity" said Zhiyuan "Welll Mao here is the sister of your captain" said Crystal. Zhiyuan froze trying to processes what had just been said. "Haha very funny guys" said Zhiyuan. When he saw their serious faces he immediately went in another shock" So the person whose texts he smiles at will be me since he does not have a girlfriend"   "Wow I knew he captain had another other sibling but I thought he was the youngest" "Well than that is it but you have to keep it a secret" "ok I promise". Just than the bell rang and they began their lesson. The rest of the lessons went without any problems. At lunch Mao's Phone started ringing so she went out in the lot more quieter hallway.

*ON THE PHONE* 

Mao: Hello Hao-Ge 

Hao: Hello princess. How is school going? 

Mao: Its fine. What about your Uni's midterm prep?

Hao: Don't ask sissy its an horrifying amount of syllabus in a short time

Mao: You should've started to prep earlier.

Hao: You sound like Jingwu. Anyways come home earlier tonight since its weekend tomorrow let's go out tonight.

Mao: Don't you have to study.

Hao: I can do it later. Plzzz.

Mao: Ok

Hao: Good tell that buzzkill to. He will listen to you. Oki byeee.  

With that Hao cut the call." Aishh why do I have to be the one with the hard task" mumbled Mao. She texted Jingwu after coming back to her table

*OVER THE TEXT* 

Mao:

 Ge

Jingwu:

Yes?

Mao:

Hao-Ge told me that we are going out tonight so be home early.

Jingwu:

Doesn't he need to study

Mao:

Don't be a buzzkill. 

PLEAAAAAASEEEE COMEEE  🥺

Jingwu:

Ok ok

Mao: 

Anyways I told Zhiyuan that we are siblings. 

Jingwu:

Where did you meet him? And why are you friends with him? Didn't I tell You to stay away from boys?

"Here he goes again with his protectiveness" thought Mao 

Mao:

He is in my class and was already friends with crystal so that why and please don't kill the poor boy

Jingwu:

No promises

With that Mao put her phone away "who were you talking with for that long?" asked Mao "My brother " said Mao "It must be nice to have such a caring brother " said Crystal " Yeah it is". Just then the bell rang and both girls went towards their respective classes. The rest of the day went without any hitch.

*AT TENNIS PRACTICE*

"Coach can I take off today?" said Mao "Why?" said the coach" I have to go somewhere with my family" "Ok you should be thankful that you have a great talent otherwise you would not have gotten an off this easily" "Thank you coach"