2.

Sunlight peered through the almost opaque curtains, and it woke me up. My eyes fell right onto the bed in front of me. The bed was made and there were no funky posters above the bed. It was all very neat and clean. 'Hmm, maybe my roommate must be a clean freak.' Or maybe....'She roomed with someone else because who would wanna stay with a psycho death-eater's daughter who might be a psycho too.'
Turns out, theory 2 was correct. Not that I minded, I liked being alone. I didn't really want anyone meddling with my business. I walked down to the Great Hall, ate my breakfast, took my schedule (And the letter, of course) and started find my way to the classes. The castle was huge so it took me time to find my classes and I realized I was going to be kind of late. My eyes scanned the map and all of a sudden I clashed into a wall. I looked up only to find that the "wall" I ran into was a person. And not just any person, it was Mattheo fucking Riddle. 'Great. Way to remind me how much of a "failure" I am.' But, like a good, normal person, I opened my mouth to apologize.

"I am so sorry-"
"God! Move away! Filthy blood traitor!" We said at the same time.
Did he really just call me a blood traitor?!

"What did you just call me?" I asked, my kindness fading away.

"Blood traitor. I called you a blood traitor." He smugly replied.

"You're a dick." I muttered, loud enough for him to hear it.

"That's all you got?" He smirked.

"No, but I'm sure you don't wanna hear the rest. It may scar your ego." I mocked.
"Bitch."
"Asshole."
"Cunt"
"Motherfu-" Our little battle of cussing came to an end when someone cleared their throat. It was Layla Malfoy. We knew each other as kids, but we were never that close.

"Mattheo, stop." She gave him a sharp look to which he shut up.

"Hi, I'm Layla. Layla Malfoy. I'm so sorry for my friend's behavior. Don't mind him." She said with a soft smile.

"I'm Alaya. You. must probably know me." I introduced myself.

"Actually I do. I remember we used to meet sometimes, due to our fathers' work." She replied.

"Oh well....nice to meet you again." I said
"Same here." She replied.

"Well....I actually have Potions right now....I gotta go." I said, trying to end the conversation.

"Well even we have potions right now, you can come with us if you want." I heard an almost inaudible groan when Layla said this. I ignored it though.

"Yeah, sure." I accepted.

***

We walked into the almost full class and took our seats. I sat at the back of the class, and in front of me sat Mattheo, which was very annoying because he wouldn't stop talking. Slughorn was already at the front of the class, blabbering something about some potion. I wasn't really a fan of potions but I always paid attention to that class, cause it got you some good grades. But today, I could not focus at all. At the back of my mind, the only thing going on was the amount of hurt I was gonna get after reading that letter. I was anxious to know about what it read, yet I did not dare open it. I was scared, to be honest. But I wasn't fragile too. I knew how to fight. I was sure I would survive after hearing a few horrible words. I thought of other things to get rid of these thoughts, but deep down, they always stayed. 30 minutes passed and I drew my attention back to what Slughorn was saying.

"Dear students, this year you have a project assigned to you, which shall be submitted by the year's end. You will be paired with another student, who shall be your companion and helper throughout the year. I wish you the very best luck and shall now write down your partners on the board." He said, and began writing on the board.

Jocelyn Baron and Katie Wuther

Serena Meadows and Pansy Parkinson

Payton Max and Blaise Zabini

Aaron Hudson and Layla Malfoy
......

Alaya Sharma and Mattheo Riddle

My eyes almost popped out when I saw who I was paired up with.
"No. Not him." I thought.
Our eyes met each other and I could not help but give him a very horrible look and turn around. This wasn't exactly what I wanted, you know. I was definitely not ready for a year's suffering.
But I guess, the universe loves going against me.

***

A/N - Hey guys, its been such a long time and I am so sorry for not updating. School had begun and it was kinda hard to manage everything at the same time. But I'm starting to get a hang of it and I promise all of you more updates. Love you all. 

~ D.S.