8. A letter from someone

Arulmozhi looked down at the Olai. It had been 3-4 months since he had left. He and his Akka used to exchange letters often. Or more like he was the one who used to send them to her. He used to update her on every single thing which was happening in Singhala. He liked it, it felt necessary. He had come to an understanding a long time ago, that he had attachment issues with his Akka. He would lay down his life for her. She basically had raised him.

It had been his 20th birthday last week, though he refused for a big celebration or anything, his day was made when he had received a letter from his beloved Akka. He wasn't able to open it then, as the war had started, but here he was, in his room, opening the fabrics to reveal the Olai. Exited, he opened it. He was met with the familiar handwriting of his Akka.

Dear thambi,
I know that I haven't been able to reply to your letters in these last few months, but the things here have been stressful. Father isn't getting any better, the Pazluvur brothers have started to behave differently, mother is always tensed, Vanathi keeps fainting and praying that you are safe-

When Vanathi was mentioned, he felt his face heat a little and a sense of curiosity took over his heart. 'Wait, why am I reacting this way on her mention? Am I getting mad? Aiyo... I mustn't think like this' he thought to himself. Even if he didn't want to admit it, but he waited for his Akka's letters for another reason. He waited for them to know the whereabouts about a certain Kadumbalur princess.

-And Patti is trying to keep up with Madurantakan kaka's behaviour. And so... These these things have been keeping me busy. I hope that you are fine thambi, I have been worried about you. And yes... My little thambi has turned 20 now right? Oh I still remember when I had first held you in my arms 20 years ago, you were red like a tomato. I wish that you live a long life thambi.

Tell me whatever's happening there. Keep me up to date. Have a great day, and come back quickly after your mission. And yes, I too miss you. Love you, take care. And remember that your Akka will always be with you.

Yours lovingly,
Kundavai/ your Akka.

He smiled reading this letter. He always looked forward for his Akka's letters. He smiled more and felt a certain warmth when he read the last part. He started to keep her letter on the table when another palm leaf fell on the floor. He was confused on who sent this Olai to him. He opened it and was met with a handwriting he had never seen. Curious, he started to read it.

To Ilavarasare Ponniyin Selvan,
I am writing this letter without your Akka's knowledge. So please don't mention this letter to her. I am so sorry to disturb you. All I wanted to say is sorry and a happy birthday Ilavarasare. I hope that you are doing fine, and.... Take care. And I am so sorry for my previous actions.

Yours sincerely,
Vanathi

He stared at the letter. He was able to feel his heartbeats in his ear. He went through the letter several times. A smile accompanied by a blush was situated on his cheek. He felt a bit giddy and cursed himself for feeling this way. He quickly ran to his desk and started to write his response.

••••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••~•••••
( A/N )

So... I am resuming this story. I really don't know what happened between the Poonkuzlali incident and when Vanthyathevan visits and it's a span of almost a year. So I am just writing these fillers so that the skip won't be bad. I hope that you guys like this chapter. Instances mentioned are from the book. If any confusion let me know! :)

Any suggestions and feedback appreciated.

∆ Requests Accepted ∆

_ All work is original. Do not copy _