"What happened?" Adi asked confused.

"Your soldiers are outside," I said turning back to face him, "It is not a good look to have them see us running around."

"Right," Adi said and walked past me to step out. "Evacuate all corridors, now," he commanded. I could hear the footsteps of soldiers hurriedly leaving and within seconds there was absolute silence.

Adi looked at me and winked. He took a few steps back and signalled me to step out.

"I will count to 10," he said.

*** Adinath ***

Vaishu started running the moment I started counting. I will admit, I did slow down my pace on purpose to make the game fun, but Vaishu is a very decent runner. There is a level of intellgence involved in her game play - purposefully opening side doors on her way to slow me down, going through narrow lanes, blocking paths with chairs and so on.

However it is, it has been a very long time since I enjoyed myself like a little kid and I am going to cherish every moment of it. I could sense that she is equally joyful, until....she suddenly stopped and turned back.

The joy in her face disappeared, replaced by a hint of worry. 

"Vaishu, what happened?" I asked.

"I...I need to leave," she said nervously.

"Where? Why?" I asked confused.

"To my private chambers," she replied, "I will...see you later..."

"No wait," I said holding her hand, "You cannot just leave like that. Tell me what happened."

"I...I want to," she said, "but I do not know the right words.....I...I will write a letter."

"What?" I said frustrated, "Vaishu you cannot...."

"Please," she said and I could sense that she is uncomfortable. I immediately let go of her hand.

"I will ask Sruthi to come find you," I said.

"Thank you," she smiled.

"And I need that letter as soon as possible," I said before walking away.

********

"Your highness, I have a-"

"Letter from the queen?" I asked before the messenger could complete his sentence.

The messenger shook his head. "A gift from king Vishwanath, your highness," he replied hesitantly.

"Just keep it there," I said a little disappointed. The general noticed it.

"Leave me and the king alone," he commanded and soon everyone else in the room left.

"Everything okay between you and the queen, your highness?" he asked.

"It was...okay," I answered turning towards the window and staring at the sky, "Until it was not."

"You had a fight?" the genral asked.

I shook my head.

"We were having a good time," I said, "I was chasing her in the corridors."

I could hear the general slightly pull his sword up from his sheath.

 I know I could word the statement differently but playing with the general's emotions is one of my favorite ways to relax.

"Why exactly were you doing that, your highness?" he asked.

"Because she is running away," I answered and I could hear the sword come up a little more.

Alright, time to take a step back. I do not killing or getting killed by my best friend.

"Put the sword back into the sheath general," I said turning back to face him, "I did not do anything to your precious queen. We were having fun. A concept you would be familiar with if you ever get married."

"Then why would she leave?" the general asked.

"I do not know," I signed.

*****

"Stupid menstrual cycle," Vaishnavi sadly told Sruthi.