Secret Mission

"How did you know what size I was?" Leah chuckled.
"Guessed. Was I right?"
"Yeah. I'm guessing this is a hood-up day?"
"Yeah, I got him to bring extra deodorant. We're gonna need it; it's roasting." Niamh sighed.
"I don't care." Leah smiled reassuringly as Niamh began to doubt her plan.
"Right, so the plan is we just go downstairs and get into the taxi."
"Wow. That's a really complicated plan."
"Shut up." Niamh chuckled.
"Sorry, I couldn't resist."
"The tickets are booked under Rebecca and Karen. I'm Rebecca."
"Fuck off! Why do I have to be Karen?"
"You look most like a Karen."
"Wow!"
"Sorry, I couldn't resist." Niamh smirked.
"You'll be the death of me, Niamh."
"Jesus. Don't say that. Not before we go undercover."

The two shared a final kiss before making their way to the front of the hotel, where the car was waiting for them. Leah saw that Niamh had actually created quite the plan. The car was some kind of private escort that Leah was sure Niamh had used before, and she wondered if this was some kind of police protection. It wasn't. Obviously. The driver was separated by a black glass sheet between the seats, and Leah couldn't help but notice how Niamh changed her voice, accent, and tone when she spoke. Her heart broke at the realisation that Niamh's life was less her own than Leah's was.

"Hopefully it isn't too busy, Karen." Niamh grinned in Leah's direction.

Leah simply rolled her eyes, unable to help the little smile that was caused by Niamh's playful reassurance that everything would be okay. The truth was, Leah wasn't at all worried. Well, she was worried about what her mum would do when she found out what she'd done, but not in the presence of Niamh.

"We've arrived. Are you sure I can't drop you around the front?" The driver shouted into the back.
"No, here is fine. You good to go, Karen?"
"Yes." Leah hissed at the name.
"Close your eyes." Niamh whispered.

Leah did as Niamh requested, not understanding how a woman with her hood up, repeatedly being called Karen by the woman she was with, and walking around with her eyes closed wouldn't draw attention to them. But she did it anyway, trusting Niamh's ability to stay hidden at a busy music festival.

Niamh simply smiled at the view, seeing the gate left open and the setting perfectly planned to be the perfect music festival experience. She carefully guided Leah through the gate, watching as Shea closed it behind them and gave a reassuring thumbs up to Niamh, who nodded in approval at the endless hours of work they'd clearly put into pulling it off.

"Before I let you open your eyes, tell me your name." Niamh spoke softly.
"Really?"
"Yes." Niamh said sternly.
"Hi. My name is Karen." Leah smiled, her eyes still tight shut.
"You're such a sucker. You can open your eyes now." Niamh chuckled.

Leah slowly opened her eyes; her first acknowledgment was that they weren't at a music festival. Well, she appeared to be at a music festival, but in someone's back garden. The next thing she noticed was Michael stood beside another person that she'd never met before, but his warm smile towards her had her in no doubt that he was part of Niamh's friendship group.

"Where are we?" Leah cocked an eyebrow.
"Well, Karen, we're at Niamh Quinn's music festival, curtesy of Shea's huge back garden." Niamh grinned.
"You did all this? For me?"
"Yeah."
"Really?"
"Well, obviously, I just gave instructions. They did it." Niamh pointed towards the two men.
"We'll leave you to it! Lovely to meet you, Karen." Michael winked, making Niamh chuckle.
"You too." Leah chuckled.

Leah took another look around, noticing the house appeared to be the only house for at least half a mile. The garden was well fenced in, making it obvious that the privacy was why Niamh felt this destination was safest for them. There was a table of snacks, a pizza takeaway that had clearly been perfectly timed, and a projector screen that was playing the music live from the festival that Niamh had spoken of. She knew she should speak, but she feared that no matter what she said, she wouldn't actually voice the love she was feeling right now.