Chapter 54: Monday

Start from the beginning

"I couldn't really sleep, after you didn't respond to my text." He mentioned. I nodded before looking down at my feet.

"Sorry I fell asleep before you sent it, I just read it this morning." I explained. He nodded.

"So do you want to come to the carnival?" He questions. I bit the side of my cheek.

"I'm sorry I can't. The hollands are taking me to Atlanta next weekend." I answered. It wasn't a complete lie, I mean Tom was a Holland.

"Oh that sounds fun!" Harrison responded and I smiled slightly. "Well it was nice talking to you but I should head to my locker."

"Okay I'll see you later." I replied.

"See you!" Harrison said making his way down the hallway. I sighed contently considering that conversation was not a complete disaster. I grabbed my school materials and made my way to my first period class. My goal was to not think about Tom all day but when the entire school got invited down to the gym to have an assembly for him that was pretty rough. During the assembly I sat next to this girl named Emma, she was in my study hall and as far as I could tell she hated everything.

"I can't believe we are having an assembly to cheer him up." She scoffed. "This school has really gone downhill."

"Yeah." I said under my breath. She quickly looked over at me.

"I thought he was your boyfriend." She explained as the band began to play another song for the cheerleaders to dance to.

"He is, we are just kind of fighting at the moment." I responded. "Well actually I wouldn't consider it fighting but we are just going through a rough time."

"Spill." She replied.

"Really, right now?" I questioned. She nodded.

"It would be more entertaining then watching girls in short skirts trying to get in Tom's pants." She mentioned. I nodded.

"Well last night his aunt knocked on his front door and had to talk to his mom. They ended up talking about me for some reason and how Tom started dating me because my family life was unstable. Then I avoided him for the rest of the night and went out and got coffee with his best friend." I began explaining.

"Wait the golden retriever?" She asked pointing towards Harrison, I nodded and continued.

"Then I couldn't sleep and we ended up making our way back to each other. We slept in the same bed and made up and everything was fine. This morning he woke up and was in pain so I went to go grab him his pills. He grabbed my phone and saw a text that Harrison sent me and totally freaked out even after I explained that we were just friends."

"Just friends?" She questioned.

"Yes why?" I asked.

"I don't know. Theres just something about the way that he looks at you. It's so wholesome. I kind of hate it." She explained. "Is there any part of you that likes Harrison?"

"I mean he's nice and attractive but I'm in love with Tom. He has always been there for me." I responded.

"Well then I would talk with Tom about it. It's better if he knows what's happening with Harrison now before it grows into something more. If he's always been there for you then he should be here for you now. And you need to be there for him." She explained.

"That's good advice. Thank you." I responded.

"No problem. And the assembly is finally over." She replied. With that the day flew by thankfully. I was grabbing my homework from my locker when I saw Tom approaching.

"Hey." I said as he arrived at the locker. He didn't respond to me. "Listen I know you are mad at me but can we just talk about things?"

"I'd rather not." Tom replied bluntly. "I actually have to go to soccer practice and watch the boy you snuck out with last night be in charge of my team."

"Tom I'm sorry." I explained. He didn't listen. Instead he just shut the locker door and walked away. Seeing him act like that set off a switch in my brain. I walked after him. "Tom."

"What do you want?" He asked turning around.

"I want you to listen to me." I explained. He shook his head.

"I don't want to hear your little story over again y/n." Tom responded.

"You don't get to act like this Tom." I replied.

"Act like what?" He questioned.

"I have been so forgiving about everything that has happened. You broke up with me, I'm still here. You treated me terribly during your soccer tournament, I'm still here. You went off and got drunk at a party without me, I'm still here. And I heard the reason you got together with me in the first place yet I'm still here. I was in an emotionally vulnerable place Tom. I was upset. I didn't go off with Harrison to hurt you, I did it to make me feel better. And I'm telling the truth. Nothing happened. I wouldn't lie to you about that. I wouldn't lie to you about any of it. Because I trust you but it feels like you never trust me. With the coffee shop, with van, and now with Harrison." I began.

"It's been twice with Harrison." He interrupted.

"See this is what I'm talking about Tom. You have been so unforgiving and you make me feel guilty for just being a teenager who makes mistakes and I'm honestly done with it. Especially after the way you have been acting today- I am so done with it. I want this relationship to work Tom. I love you, I care about you, heck I live with you. But this isn't one sided. So you are going to go to the soccer practice and watch your team and think. When you come back home you are going to apologize if you want me to still be your girlfriend. If you don't want me to be your girlfriend then I'll be fine sleeping in your guest room, or moving out for that matter. I'd rather attempt to live with my mom again instead of just feeling guilty all of the time." I explained and with that I walked away. I had never felt more powerful in my life. I grabbed my homework from our locker and walked out of the school building. It wasn't until I got into my car that I realized what I said. I drove back to the Holland household and went inside.

"Hey I heard what you said, it was pretty badass." Harry greeted me.

"Tom told you?" I questioned.

"No its just kind of circulating around the school." He answered.

"Oh." I responded. I headed upstairs and went into Tom's room. I decided to take a shower to pass the time. After my shower was done I went back into Tom's room to see him sitting on his bed. "Hey..."

"You embarrassed me in front of the entire school..." He began.

"Tom really?" I questioned.

"And you know what... I deserved it. I'm sorry y/n. I have been making you feel guilty and that's not okay. The truth is, I just get worried all the time that you are going to find someone new. I have loved you for the longest time and for a while, you only saw me as a friend. I'm scared that you are just going to see me as a friend again. So I've tried to keep our relationship in this happy little bubble without involving anyone else but in that process I'm pretty sure I have just been pushing you away and I'm sorry. I left soccer practice early because I care about you more than anything and I don't want to lose you. Not now not ever. Y/n I'm sorry. Please forgive me one last time. I promise I will make it up to you my love. I promise." Tom explained. I quickly went over to him and wrapped my arms around him. "Darling you are still in a towel."

"I don't care. Wouldn't be the first time you've seen me naked." I teased. A smirk grew on Tom's face.

"Love you are going to get me all worked up." He responded.

"Who is home?" I questioned.

"Erm, just Harry I think, why?" He responded.

"I think you should go ask Harry to leave for a little while." I explained. Tom's face brightened.

"Okay, I'll be right back." Tom replied. He grabbed his crutches and quickly made his way out of the room. After a few minutes he came back. He threw his crutches to the ground and quickly took off his shirt. I'm not going to get into details but let me just say, even with a huge cast on his ankle, that man can still work some magic.