we quickly entered the yellow high school american bus and sat down next to each other. we shared my headphones, listening to our favourite song, head over heels by tears for fears.

"shit i really love this song." chris said as he mouthed the lyrics.

"right, it's so damn good for what." i replied, going with it.

after finally reaching the school, we quickly entered the building, being met by our other friends.

"LILS!"

"SOPHIEEE!"

"LILS!"

"SOPHIEEEEE!"

me and my soulmate ran fo eachother, engulfed into a hug.

"i missed you." she said.

"i missed you too ugh." i replied.

"you literally didn't see eachother for 13 hours why are you so overdramatic." chris nonchalantly said as he said hi to noah and his other friends.

"fuck off you colonizer." i said as me and lily burst out in laughter.

"I'M NOT EVEN WHITE."

a few minutes have passed, and i was found in the worst territory discovered by men,

physics.

it's not that it was hard, it was just so damn boring.

allow me to rephraise that, our teacher was so goddamn boring.

"pssssst, soph." was heard.

i turned around, seeing chris smirk.

"what do you want." i replied.

"wanna skip?"

"no."

"i know you're bored out of your mind."

"sure am, but that doesn't mean i wanna get an F from the exam."

"oh please, you would rather die than get an A-."

"hence why I'll actually go to college while you work at a gas station."

"I'll move to finland and start a new life there."

"good luck swimming over the pacific since you won't be able to afford a boat."

"I'll sneak i-"

"ms. richi and mister turner, do you want to share your loud bickering with the rest of the class?" he deadpanned.

"sir, it's ricci." i quietly corrected him as he shot me a glare.

i heard chris snort behind me and i quickly hit him with my leg.

"since you two are so much more interested in your conversation than my subject, you both can leave."

"wait, for real?" chris shot up.

"to detention."

and so it was, next thing we knew, chris and i were sitting together in a small classroom that went by the name detention.

you were supposed to reflect on your mistakes, learn to be better, nicer, a good person.

well, the only thing you did in detention was sleep, study or smoke. depends on what you were feeling.

"you want a hit?" chris offered me a cigarette.

"fuck off, you dipshit." i replied as i revised my physics notes. i was mad at him for getting me in detention.

"suit yourself."

silence overtook us. the only thing head was chris's inhaling and exhaling, as well as ticking the cigarette bud.

that went on for the next 45 minutes, and finally, the bell rang.

"the gods have finally heard my prayers." chris smiled as he hopped out of his chair.

"whatever floats your boat." i deadpanned, getting up and going to my locker.

as i was taking my chemistry books, someone hugged me.

"hey sophie, i heard you got stuck in detention?" lilly snickered.

"yeah, because of chris." i sighed, applying some lipgloss.

"girl he likes you, I'm telling you."

"yeah, as if." i sighed again, handing her some lipgloss since she puckered her lips.

"wanna come over today?" she asked.

"yeah sure, i have nothing better to do honestly."

we started walking towards our nexr class, chemistry. it was pretty interesting actually, i liked the teacher and the subject itself is not that hard.

as we entered, a smell of different chemicals hit my nose. it was refreshing.

it was also the cause of my coughing fit.

"woman, you good?" some guy asked me as i gave him a thumbs up.

"I'm pretty sure i saw jesus for a second." i barely said as i finally sat down.

"girl you was seeing the seven deadly sins." the same guy replied.

we started laughing, but as quick as it began, it quickly stopped since the teacher entered the classroom.

first chapter!!! what do ygs think 🤍