5

Sabrina POV:

I rose from my seat as DJ walked over to what seemed to be Russo's room. I strode over to the couch and began to sit down when I heard DJ ask Russo if he could come in. I sighed, hoping that Russo would oblige, but before I could get my hopes up, a loud bang came from the hallway. I turned around just as I saw DJ falling to the ground with his eyes closed.

"DJ!" I called out, in a successful attempt to jump over the back of the couch and race to where he was laying. I fell to my knees once I got to his body, and tears began to fall down my face. I was silently praying that he was alright, grabbing my phone out of my pocket and dialing 911.

"911, what's your emergency?" A woman's voice calmly spoke from the other end of the line.

"Please help," I sobbed, "my friend is on the ground and he's not waking up!"

"Okay, Miss, I'm sending some ambulances over to your location, they are tracking the call so don't hang up. Does he still have a pulse?" The woman asked, and I put my index finger as well as my middle finger on his wrist. I felt a soft beat pulse through my fingers.

"Yes, he still has a pulse! Thank Lord!" I exclaimed, and right as I did it, I looked up and saw Russo's tear-stained face looking down at DJ's unconscious body.

"That's good, now the ambulances should be only a few minutes away, so stay with me, ma'am. May I ask how this happened?" The responder spoke.

"Well, I'm not positive, I was waking over to the couch to watch a movie, but then he went to go check on our other friend who was in his room. So I sat down on the couch waiting for him to come back, but then I heard a loud bang and I turned around and he was falling down, unconscious." I rambled on, both terrified and worried for him.

"Okay ma'am, thank you for telling me what happened. The ambulance should be very close and will be there any moment. Just take some more deep breaths and I promise we'll get this done thing figured out!" She tried her best to comfort me, but it didn't bring much use. My feelings of protectiveness, fright, and doubt couldn't escape my mind as I worried for DJ.

I looked back up once more and saw Russo as worried as I was. But before I could speak again, there was banging on the door to get in, so I hopped up and ran to answer it as fast as I possibly could.

"Where is he, ma'am?" A middle aged paramedic asked me with urgency in his voice. Not being able to speak, I rushed him over to where DJ was laying passed out. He and a few other paramedics who had a cot in their hands lifted DJ, and only then did I notice the small puddle of dark red fluid beneath his hair, which partially dyed it for the time being. Tears fell down my face at an even more rapid speed then before.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, and when I spun around, it was Russo. I didn't speak, but I noticed his tears as well. "He'll be okay... he always bounces back..." he tried cheering both of us up, but it barely had any effect.

I glanced over at the paramedics who were leaving to get him in an ambulance, and followed them. I glanced down at my phone and realized the operator had hung up, so I placed my phone in my back pocket of my jeans, making it easier to run. "Sir!" I yelled to the middle aged man carrying DJ. He spun around, which led me to continue.

"Can I come in the ambulance?" I asked, then saw Russo trailing behind me. As soon as I saw him, I knew he would want to tag along as well, and motioned as a sign to ask the man if he could come, too.