eleven

episode one

COBRA KAI had decided to go out to the diner to celebrate their victory. Jadyn leaned into Jesse's side as he wrapped an arm around her torso. "So, you might be wondering what a team does after they win the championship. The answer? Victory nachos!" The team cheered, clicking their glasses together. 

Aisha laughed as she held her phone up and recorded the celebration. "It was supposed to be a round of drinks, but the waitress was not feeling Hawk's fake ID." Aisha commented, shaking her head. 

"Hey, don't talk about that," Hawk whispered-yelled. "My parents follow you."

Aisha's eyes widened as she turned back to her phone screen, "sorry Mr. and Mrs. Moskowitz," she muttered. "Anyways, until next time, no mercy, bitches," she stated before she ended the live video.

"I gotta say, it's nice to be at a victory party," Demetri commented. 

Hawk took the chip from his hand, "yeah, except you had nothing to do with the victory," he stated, taking a bite.

"Well then consider it a belated party for the coding competition we won at computer camp," Demetri told him. "Remember? Demetri and Eli. Binary brothers." He sung while he did robot motions; the four of them laughed. 

"Hey," Hawk scolded. "Cool it with the nerd shit. Huh?"

"Hey, where's Miguel?" Moon asked. "His wings are getting cold."

Jadyn stood up, "I'll be right back," she murmured to Jesse before she followed after Aisha and Hawk; the three of them went on a search around the restaurant to find the Diaz boy, who had to be there somewhere.

"El Serpiente, there you are," Hawk commented.

"This is how you celebrate a first-place trophy?" Aisha questioned.

"She blocked me," he mumbled.

"So, what happens when you get blocked?" Hawk asked. "You counterpunch. Except maybe don't actually hit her this time." Jadyn and Aisha, both shot him a glare; the dirty blonde hit his shoulder. "What? Too soon? Look, all I'm saying is don't give up."

"It's no use," he stated. "I blew any shot I had with her."

"Just give Sam some time," Aisha told him. "She'll come around."

"Or she won't," Hawk shrugged. "You're the champ now. You can get any chick in the Valley you want. You're like Drake. Enjoy it."

Jadyn frowned as she looked at the boy, she placed her hand over his hand. "Look, don't listen to him. Sam will come around eventually; you just have to give her time. Don't sulk about it. All right? Celebrate. You just won the first All-Valley tournament for Cobra Kai in like thirty years," she exclaimed. "Enjoy it."

"I guess you're right," Miguel muttered, a small smile appeared on his face. "But, uh, I'm not sure I want to be Drake."

"Don't worry," Aisha assured. "You're not."

- - - - - - - - - - 

JADYN WALKED up to the dojo the next day; her eyes lit up at the few teenagers who waited outside. She adjusted her backpack strap as she continued to walk to the door. "Oh, look. There's the most badass girl in the Valley," Chris muttered, which made a small giggle leave her lips as the two boys fought over who would hold the door open for her. 

"Um, thank you," Jadyn stated as she stopped in front of them. "You're both very good gentleman-- Uh, Mitch and Chris." She offered them one last smile before she walked inside; both of the boy's freaked out about how she knew their names, she wondered if they knew she shared a class with them.

"Quiet!" Johnny shouted as he walked out of his office. "The dojo's closed to new students today."

"We just wanted to sign up after we saw the tournament," Chris stated.

"Do I need to say it again? Get out!"

Jadyn set her backpack down on the ground; she came to the dojo dressed in her Gi to save her the time of changing when she got there. Johnny ordered them to fall in. "Must've been a rager, Sensei," Hawk commented.

"Yeah, were you celebrating all weekend?" Miguel asked. 

"Celebrating what?" he questioned the two. Jesse furrowed his eyebrows at his sudden tone. "My students are a bunch of pussies. Diaz, Hawk, up front." He ordered. "Hawk. Did you attack your opponent when his back was turned?"

"Yes, Sensei," Hawk muttered, confused.

"Diaz." Johnny called out. "Did you purposely attack your opponent's injury?" Miguel replied with the same words, but more confident in his answer. "You think that makes you badass? What's the matter, too tough a question? Maybe you need some help. Miss Robinson!"

"Yes, Sensei," Aisha replied.

"Two cobras in the jungle," he stated. "One kills the strongest lion, the other kills a crippled monkey. Which cobra do you want to be?"

"The one that kills the lion, Sensei," she answered.

"And why is that?" he asked.

"Because it killed a stronger animal," she stated.

"Correct!" he shouted. "Cobra Kai is about being badass. And the baddest badass is the one who beats his opponent when he's at his strongest. Not when his back is turned. Not when he's injured! Is that understood?"

"Yes, Sensei."

"That means no more cheating," he stated. "No more fighting dirty. From here on out, those are pussy moves, and you don't wanna be pussies, do you?"

"No, Sensei."

"Good. It's why I had you wear your white belts. We're starting over," he explained. "Diaz, Hawk, fifty push-ups on your knuckles. Miss Robinson warm them up."

"Yes, Sensei."

- - - - - - - - - -

EVERYONE HAD decided to meet over at Hawk's house to watch some movie called 'Over the Top.' Their sensei had expected them to come back tomorrow and be ready to discuss; this reminded them of every English class they've taken-- Except it was karate and not Romeo and Juliet. 

Hawk and Jesse had volunteered to make popcorn for the others which left the trio sat awkwardly on the couch. "Hey, Aisha. I noticed Sam outside the dojo after practice. What did she want?"

"She wanted to hangout," Aisha informed. "I told her I couldn't obviously. I mean, I felt bad you know for saying no, but I have other things to focus on now-- Now she knows how it felt when she ditched me."

Jadyn nodded in agreement, "exactly-- She'll have to get over it eventually," she stated. 

Aisha nodded, "yeah," she muttered. "Hey, uh, did Sam do the same to you? Or did something else happen to break the friendship?"

"Uh," she stammered as she thought about the past that had happened-- Sam brought back negative thoughts. "Uh, yeah-- Yeah, she did the same to me," she stated. "I just don't have any interest of being her friend, again. You know? I guess I just don't forgive and forget so easily."

"We're back!" Hawk announced. "Let's get this over with. Shall we?"