two

episode three

"YOUR HALLOWEEN dance is tonight, right?" Jamie, her father asked as he set the plate of pancakes down in front of her; she nodded in response. "Okay, okay, cool," he muttered as he took a seat across from her at the round dinner table. "Have you decided what you're going to go as?"

"Well, Jess and I were wanting to do a couple's costume," Jadyn informed. "We're having a little trouble making up our mind, but I think we're gonna end up going as Lola and Bugs Bunny-- We're going to get our costumes after school, so I'm just gonna see how it goes."

"Lola and Bugs? How cute," he commented. "I think that's a good choice-- The costume isn't too flashy, it's just right, you know. It's nice and simple." Jadyn scoffed a laugh as she shook her head. "I'm serious!"

"I know you are," she replied, nodding her head. "That's why it's funny." She looked over at him and noticed the confused expression on his face. "It's not a bad thing, don't worry," she reassured as she stood up from the table, and walked to place her plate in the sink. "Breakfast was good, thank you, dad."

"Of course, kiddo," he replied before he finished the last few bites of his food. Jadyn grabbed her backpack from the kitchen counter where she had set it down at and slung the straps on her shoulders. He grabbed the car keys from the hook in the kitchen. "You ready?"

"Yep," she nodded. "Let's go."

- - - - - - - - - -

THE COUPLE decided to go dressed as Lola and Bugs Bunny; Jadyn wore a pair of white, athletic shorts that had stopped barely above her mid-thigh, to match she wore a white, tank top jersey with the words 'Lola' printed on the back. Jesse wore a similar outfit; except he had worn basketball shorts.

The two had walked inside the decorated gymnasium hand in hand; music blared in their ears. "Jesse, my man," Kyler exclaimed as he walked up to them. "Oh, how adorable. Yo, look at this-- Jesse decided to dress up with his girl."

"Isn't that just the cutest thing you've ever seen?" Jasmin asked, with a fake smile plastered on her face. "This is so adorable-- I have to get a picture." She held her phone up and took a picture of them. "And posted-- You two are total couple goals. "So, Jess, how much did she pay you?" she questioned.

"Excuse me?" Jesse asked.

"You heard me," she stated. "How much did Jadyn pay you to date her? It would've had to be a lot, huh?"

Jadyn noticed Jesse's jaw clenched as he stared at the brunette. "Jess, let's just go," she whispered into his ear and began to drag him away. "She isn't worth arguing with all night-- Let's, uh, go say hi to Eli and Demetri, oh, and Miguel's there too. He's new, I could introduce you two."

"Wow, I love the costumes," she complimented as she walked up to the three of them. "You all look very nice," she commented with a smile.

"Lola and Bugs Bunny?" Demetri asked. "Cute."

"You look very nice-- You both do," Miguel complimented, as Eli nodded in agreement. "Uh, you must be Jesse, right?"

"That would be me," he nodded as he shook the boy's hand. "I'm assuming that would make you Miguel?" The Diaz boy nodded in response as the two of them pulled their hand's away from each other. "I dig the costumes-- They're pretty cool."

Jadyn let out an excited gasp as she slapped Jesse's bicep. "Oh, my God," she exclaimed while he held onto his arm where she slapped him. "I love this song-- Do you want to go dance?" she asked.

"Why not?" he shrugged with a smile before he took a hold of her hand and led her to the dance floor. He placed his hands on her hips as both of them swayed back and forth to the music; he leaned down and whispered something into her ear, causing a giggle to escape from her lips.

"Those two are so cute, that it actually makes me sick," Demetri commented, earning a raised eyebrow from the other two boys.

- - - - - - - - - -

THE SONG came to a slow end before an upbeat noise filled the room. Jesse took a hold of the brunette's hand and led her off the dance floor; both of them exhausted from the amount of dancing they've done that night. "Hey, what do you say we get out of here and, uh, take a small break?" Jesse muttered, quiet enough for the two of them to hear.

Jadyn smiled as she looked up at him, "I think that's a great idea," she agreed as she began to walk toward the exit; she looked around before she pushed open the door that led to the hallway.

Both of them rushed down the hallway until he pulled her into a corner beside one of the lockers. Jadyn looked up at him and immediately smashed her lips on his; he melted into the kiss quickly. She threw her arms around his neck; his hands slid down to her waist-- The feeling of his hands on her bare skin made chills run up her spine.

Rapid footsteps grew closer to them. Jesse slowly pulled away, furrowing his eyebrows as he peered around the corner. "Oh, it's Demetri and Eli-- They're running from the locker room. That's weird."

Jadyn looked back at her boyfriend with a suspicious look. "Should we check it out-- Or should you?" she asked until the sound of Kyler's laugher filled her ears. "Kyler, of course. He did something, and you know what? Miguel has been with the two of them all night-- Kyler probably did something."

"Let's go check it out." Jesse began to walk over toward the locker room and pushed open the door, "shit," he murmured. Jadyn pushed the door open, and her eyes widened as she saw the Diaz boy laid on the ground, beaten up.

"Is he, uh, breathing?"

notes.
hey I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! I'd appreciate feedback throughout the story. :)