19. Revenge of Chryseis

Start from the beginning

'It's been 4 days. Dunkin's still disconnected.' I messaged, gritting on the hard piece of bread. Two more days and it would've gone stale. 'Where has he gone?'

"Cors, I'll reach Greece in a day. And don't worry, I've asked my companions to keep a check on every slave market near Greece's coast. We'll free you in no time."

I nodded to myself, but these two were hiding something. 'Thank you so much, Lorenzo. But... But where's Dunkin?' My heart thudded, afraid that my friend had taken the riskiest road to free me.

"Uh, well, he hasn't messaged in a while..." Lorenzo stuttered.

"Coretta, he said he'd return your book to Julian. Ever since the night he had to execute his plan, we haven't heard from him." Aarmen informed.

"Be up and ready slaves! The ships have arrived at the harbour!" Soon, the slave masters barged into the hall, dragging away the women. Some couldn't even finish their food as their bowls were kicked off. These demons didn't have respect for a fellow human, how could they have it for the life-giving food...

The afternoon Sun was oppressive as the sand burnt under our feet. Stretches of sand, and only sand were all my eyes could see when we stepped out a large cave-like entrance. The dry scorching desert winds harshly sweeping past us.

My eyes couldn't believe as I witnessed thousands of women, like me, being tied up in a queue and getting dragged near the harbour of what was the Mediterranean sea.

It appeared that this place was a centre point for all the slaves from the neighbouring Kingdoms of Egypt. All these poor women who were taken to a completely unknown land.

In the distance, I saw the slave master of our group talking to someone as we stood huddled in a group, just when I felt a hand clamp my mouth.

I couldn't even get my voice out as the unknown force began to drag me back from where we had left.

Only when we reached the interior of the cave, did I found it to be none else than Nael, his breathing harsh as he looked around making sure no one was in vicinity.

He wanted to keep me for himself but was such a loser that he had to steal me, in his own area.

Unknowingly, he was making my dream come true today.

"Th- Thank you." I joined my hands in prayer, "Thank you so much, Nael. F- For saving me..." I whimpered.

And it took him aback as his expression turned to a confused but lusty one.

"Not even my slave yet so obedient..." he gritted out in satisfaction as he barked a laugh, looking in a certain direction, repeatedly.

Slowly, I bent before him, bowing my head at his feet. "I- I can be your slave, b- but please don't send me to- to Greece." I looked up at his pleased expression. "This- this is my only wish..."

"Darling, you really know how to melt me, don't you?" he chuckled. "I've asked one of my Persian men to take you to Babylonia, and from there..." he bent to my level, lifting my face by the chin. "I'll buy you for myself."

I nodded meekly, ever-guarded that no other heartbeats except ours were detected in my AI chip. That Persian man he was talking about was nowhere near us at the moment.

Thank you, Aphrodite. Thank you, Athena.

I leaned into him, and it was my fortune that he didn't mind me gently holding onto his shoulder, tilting my face up to him.

And then I sighed. As if the biggest relief had overtaken me. "Thank you, Nael," I whispered, closing my eyes.

I could feel his skin burn. The lust was making him burn, but today, it would burn him down for good.