"welcome back Sam"

CHAPTER 01

"Holy shit Wes, a-are you okay" I quickly ran to my bestfriends side as I saw what he was looking at... Tara Carpenter, his crush for years stabbed multiple times. "I should've been there Scarlett" he sobbed whilst looking at the ambulances bringing her out on a stretcher. "No, Wes this isn't your fault. If anything Sam should've been here" I said cupping Wes' face and wiping a teardrop that fell down his soft features. "It's gonna be okay." I kept nodding my head whilst speaking to give my bestfriend the reassurance that he needed. "I- uh I should probably call Sam" pulling him into my arms I held him for a few moments. A few moments where he was crying over another girl, a girl who's never loved him back.
-

-

-
It's been a long night. Wes is a mess, Tara's house is a crime scene and I can't even imagine what it would be like to be in Tara's situation. Picking up my school bag I look in the mirror and see the dark circles under my eyes. Concealer won't even cover it up. The only thing I can do is go to school and hope that Tara is gonna make it through, and that people aren't speaking to loud about it either.
-

-

-
I walk to school and on my way I see Wes, "hey!" I shout to him. Either he can't hear me or he's ignoring me, though he'd have no reason too. "HICKS!" I shout louder and he turns around. "What do you want, Scarlett?" Ouch full name. "Well we're both going to the same place so I was thinking, why not walk together. You know like we do EVERYDAY" Wes just stays silent and lightly shrugs it off. We begin walking again and I finally decide to ask him again. "How are you feeling?" I watch his face closely and how his eyes show absolutely nothing, nothing but pain and sadness washing through. "I-I'm sorry I know that's a stupid quest-" "I'm fine." He answers bluntly, cutting me off before I can finish my second sentence.

-

-

-

As we get into school we walk over to our friends, Amber and Mindy who are sitting at our usual bench spot. "You go I need to call someone real quick" Wes says, beckoning me to go see them without him, "Yeah of course, take your time." He gives me a reassuring smile before leaving. As I approach Amber and Mindy, I hear Amber scoff, "What was that about?" She asks in a snarky tone and I just shrug, "No clue, he needs to phone someone. It might be Sam he said last night he'd call her." "What's she gonna do, she was never here" I roll my eyes, I know Amber and Tara are close but she really has it out for her older sister.

-

-

-

"Sorry I-uh had to take something. It was Sam" Wes comes to sit beside us again and Amber just chuckles and says, "She's coming?" Wes nods and her and she just shakes her head in disbelief. Chad and Liv come sit beside us arm in arm and I feel sick. They're like one of those couples where you love them separate...not together. "So you can stalk me like a jealous boyfriend" Chad and Liv continue talking as if none of us are here and I've never been so thankful for Amber than right now because she physically gags at the sight of them. "Is this because you two haven't had sex yet?" She questions them both, "Gross." I mumble under my breath. "Scarlett last time I checked your V-card is still in check" Amber bites back at me, causing me to roll my eyes, I love Amber but she does know how to hit deep... without meaning to of course. I mean I guess she's only really here because from what I've been suspecting she definitely has some, more than friends feelings for Tara.

-

-

-

We're all with Tara in the hospital and whilst Amber and Tara are deep in conversation, someone comes through the door. "Sam?" Tara questions with a smile on her face. "You came" Wes' face lights up as Sam pulls him in for a short hug, "I like what you did to your hair" Sam compliments his new blonde look. "Scarlett you look so different but so similar at the same time" I smile as I embrace her, "Welcome back Sam" I whisper and as she backs away from the hug, Amber says, "I think we should give Tara some space she's really tired" we all nod and head to the door. "Not you Sam." Tara calls out for her sister, the other member of her family who abandoned her...

A/N: Hi because this ff is going to be a lot shorter than my other works I'm splitting it into shorter parts <3

If you want to support me even further my Instagram is @fatedheartcos :)