A few hours later Damon and Alaric sat together at the bar in the Grill, Mystic Falls' news reporter Andie Star right next to them."Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?," Damon asked.Alaric shook his head."No, it was boring. Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming." He grimaced before taking another sip of whiskey. Damon raised his eyebrows at his friend."You sounded jealous." He turned toward Andie. "Sound a bit jealous?""Kinda do," she agreed."Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here," Alaric commented, glancing over at the news reporter. Damon followed his gaze."Andie, she's been compelled not to divulge my secrets. Haven't you?""Uh-huh."Andie gave him a quick peck on the lips. "Mmm. My lips are sealed."Alaric looked at them in disgust."This is too weird.""I just need the right opportunity," Damon said, looking at the Grill's entrance when Jenna, Marianne and Elijah appeared. The women had linked their arms while they they laughed at something Elijah had said."Ah, there's sunshine and Jenna with her new boyfriend."The three joined them at the bar and Damon greeted them."Hi.""Hey, guys," Jenna said.Damon observed the three new arrivals and couldn't help but noticed the hand Elijah had placed on the small of Marianne's back. He narrowed his eyes for a second."So I hear you three had quite a meeting of historical minds today.""Yeah, I guess you could say that," Jenna said.Next to him Andie grinned at the two women who had still linked their arms together."You two certainly haven't changed since High School. Still as inseparable as ever."Marianne grinned back."Hi, Andie. I haven't seen you in quite a while. I mean, I watch the news so I knew you were back but still. How are you?""Oh, I couldn't be better." Her eyes traveled to Elijah who was standing very close behind her. She grinned at Marianne, a knowing look on her face."And I see you aren't doing so bad yourself either."Alaric downed his glass before throwing some money on the table and standing up."Well, as much as I'd like to continue this, I've got papers to grade.""No, you know what? We should continue this. Let's have a dinner party," Andie suggested, clapping her hands in excitement. Damon looked at her approvingly."Ooh, my girl. Full of good ideas. I'll be happy to host. Say tonight. Maybe?"Andie nodded."It's good for me. Jenna? Marianne?""I don't know if tonight works... " Alaric began but Jenna interrupted him."Yeah, I'm free.""I would love to," Marianne said. "But I have to decline. I can't leave the twins alone at home."Andie's face fell."Oh come on. You have to come.""Yeah," Jenna agreed. "I'm not doing this without you. Maybe ask Sophie's mom if the twins can sleep over tonight?"Marianne hesitated for a moment before she sighed."Alright. I will ask her." Everyone was looking at Elijah, waiting for his response. He smiled."It'd be a pleasure.""Great," Damon beamed, a sinister smile tucking at his lips.

Underneath Fell's Church, Katherine's body was leaning against the wall of the tomb, completely desiccated. Damon knelt down in front of her and waved a bottle of blood under her nose before he poured some of it in her mouth. That seemed to awaken her. She started to drink."Great. Drink up. Good girl."She took the bottle out of his hand and eagerly gulped down its content. Damon got up."I've come bearing gifts. I didn't have time to properly shop, but I did get a couple of things. Hmm?" He hung up some clothes for Katherine. In the meantime color had returned to Katherine's face as she sipped down the last drop of blood in the bottle. Damon observed her."Wow, that blood did the trick. You're almost pretty again."Katherine glared at him in annoyance."What is it you want, Damon?"He grinned at her."Guess who's back in town? Your old friend, John Gilbert."Katherine raised her eyebrow."Really. Why?""Says he loves his daughter, wants to protect her from Elijah and big, bad Klaus."She grimaced before pulling herself up from the ground."Touching.""Yeah, right. He told me this old wives tale about how to kill an Original."Katherine nodded in understanding."And you want to know if it's true. If it was, I wouldn't tell you."She started to inspect the clothes Damon had brought her. "Now, why not? I mean, you want Elijah and Klaus dead as much as I do."She shot him a look."Klaus, yes. Elijah, no. He's compelled me to stay in here. If he dies, I'm stuck forever."Damon shrugged, feeling not an ounce of sympathy for his former lover."Sucks for you."She shook her head."Forget it, Damon. Killing Elijah would be a suicide mission. You can't do it.""Can so," he challenged."Can't.""Even with a dagger and a little white oak ash?"He grinned triumphantly as she turned around and looked at him in a mixture of surprise and panic."No. Damon, if you kill Elijah, then I'm stuck in here forever.""You're really scared.""Just get me out of here first and then I'll help you. I'll...I'll help you kill Elijah or...or protect Elena. Whatever you want."Damon scoffed."I get you out of here and your ass is sipping Klaus-free margaritas on some unknown island somewhere. No way."Katherine shook her head."That's not true. I'll stay. Damon, please just don't do it."Damon just grinned at her."Well, thank you, you've told me everything I need to know.""I've told you nothing.""You have. You have indeed confirmed that it is possible to kill an Original, which I will do tonight. Guess who's coming to dinner?"