7| this has to be a joke

Start from the beginning

It didn't take a lot of convincing for Lottie to come and meet me, she'd taken the day off of school claiming she was sick but as soon as I told her there was drama, suddenly she was right as rain.

We met at a little field behind some houses which isn't too far from either of our homes and chose a patch of grass to sit on. It was awkward at first. Not because of us but I think I just brought the tension from my house to her in a weird way.

"Soooo...what's going on? You said there's drama? Spill the tea" Lottie said as I picked at the strands of grass next to me. Should I maybe keep this to myself? I'm not sure it's something I should tell even her now knowing who it is.

"Um I- well actually I got kicked out of school today so there's that I guess" great Robyn quick thinking. I completely forgot about school but it was a good diversion at least.

"WHAT??" I swear the whole neighbourhood heard her.

"I bad for their 'reputation' like cmon my dad practically pays for the whole school. He funds the fucking shit pit!"

"What am I gonna do without you there?" Lottie asked looking a little panicked.

"You've got holly. You'll be fine plus we can meet after school and stuff. I'm not going anywhere" I laughed lightly trying to ease her worries.

"But- Robyn cmon" Lottie groaned and leant into me

"It won't be that bad your over thinking it" I reassured giving her leg an awkward pat then shuffled away.

"Of course you'd say that! Your not the one still going! your on like a whole vacation now"

Believe me this wasn't going to be fun. Dad would make sure I was miserable after all the shit I caused him.

"Mm" i hummed no longer in the mood to really talk.

"Was that all you called me here for?" Lottie sighed and stood up getting to her feet making me roll my eyes but follow her anyway.

"Well- no I-" I stuttered suddenly feeling a lump form in my throat.

I should tell her. She's my best friend.

"Spit it out cmon" she patted my back leading me out of the field.

"Promise this stays between us. Not even holly can know. If you tell someone I'll know it's you because no one else knows" I felt a little defensive over the topic, I don't know why because even if rumour did get out then it's not like I should care. It wasn't gonna affect me anyway, I'm a nobody.

"Promise" Lottie grabbed my hand and  intertwined her pinky with mine.

"So you know the whole mum situation...how Lisa isn't my real mum" I kept eye contact trying to work out if Lottie was following me which she obviously was after nodding her head telling me to continue. "I found out who my real mum is"

"No way she actually told you" Lottie's eyes widened as she linked her arm with mine eagerly.

"Yup you won't believe who it is though, I don't even think I believe it right now" I shook my head letting a sigh escape my lips. It was a load of information that I couldn't even process right now.

"Tell me! Tell me! Who is it?!"

"She's- well she's an actress. One of your favourites actually" I spoke and raised my eyebrows coming to the realisation that Lottie had actually spoken a lot about the woman who was supposedly my mother. She had her own issues with her parents leading to her having this 'attachment' to any female actress who and I quote 'gave a motherly vibe' which just so happened to me Scarlett. The mother who left me.