Firewhiskey and meetings

Start from the beginning

Who wanted to meet me then? She thought confused. Looking around Astraea spotted a familiar red head with a girl and a boy with messy raven hair. Bingo! She smiled.

Walking up to them, she coughed to get their attention.

"Oh hi," Harry greeted her with a smile, meanwhile Hermione just stared at her.

"I'm guessing it was you who sent the message," She raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah it was. Thanks for coming," Harry scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Eh I had nothing else to do," She laughed. " I'm gonna get a drink. Do you want anything?"

"Actually-" Ron began but stopped when he saw Hermione's glare. "Never mind," he mumbled, leaning back into his chair.

"We're good thanks," Hermione said sharply.

"Ok," she turned on her heel and walked to the bar.

"Oh honestly Ronald. What did i say earlier? Be careful. And you too Harry. Why did you invited her," she scolded the two boys in a hushed tone. They seemed to be rather scared of her.

"She helped me to realise that I may enjoy teaching it. And I wanted her to help teach," Harry explained with a sigh.

"Fine but once this comes back to haunt you, I will not accept any apologies."

"It won't, I promise," Harry smiled as he looked towards the door. No one had arrived yet which he felt relieved about.

Astraea sat at the bar with a glass of whiskey in hand, listening into the conversations around her. Suddenly, the door opened and in walked the twins (who waved at her) and Lee. Then Cho Chang and her friend, Colin Creevey, Luna Lovegood, Ginny Weasley, Dean Thomas and may more.

"A few people, mione, a few!" Harry whispered to her in shock.

"The word must have spread," she shrugged.

"Blimey," She mumbled under her breath. Most of them hadn't noticed her which she felt better about. Leaning back slightly, Astraea smiled at Harry's embarrassed face and Ron's slouched position as if he didn't want to be there. 

Once everyone had sat down, Fred looked over the group, counting.

"25 butterbeers please," He stood up and walked to the bar. "Come on everyone, cough up, I'm not rich you know!"

Astraea smirked at his comment.

Now that everyone was settled, Hermione stood up and began to speak. "So uh I know you are all wondering why we asked you to come here. Harry had- (Harry shot her a glare)- I had an idea that it would be good for people to be trained properly in the defence against the dark arts. Not how Umbridge teaches it." Her voice seemed shakey at first but soon became more confident.

"Hear, hear!" Some one cheered at the back. Hermione grinned feeling more confident.

"So we think we should take it into our own hands and teach it our selves. Not just the theory but the actual spells-"

"So I guess you also want us to pass our OWLS too," A fifth year asked with a hint of aggression.

"Well yes, it will help you to pass," Hermione explained, still with a confident voice. "And thats not the only reason. I want people properly trained because-" she took a deep breath," because Lord Voldemort is back."