𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒓𝒏

I woke up with my head pounding and my body aching all over.
I groaned as I sat up and looked around realizing that it was still nighttime.
But something didn't feel right.
I looked at all the boys sleeping in different positions in different part of the room before realizing one was missing.
I quickly got up and shuffled to the bathroom and around the conner but I still couldn't see him.
My movement woke everyone up given where we were you had to sleep lightly.
"Y/N tu niña loca why are you up so late?" Roin asked getting up so he could help me sit down, weary of my now many injuries.
"W-Where's Vance?" I said in a shaky and concerned voice.
That's when everyone looked around the room noticing the blonde was gone
That's when screaming and thumping sounded from upstairs.

Shaky breaths entered through my mouth as I flinched at every sound.
"Tha-That was Vance" I said recognizing his yelling but never hearing it sound so fearful and painful.
"We have to go help him!" I said standing to my feet and making my way towards the unlocked door.
"Y/N no!" Bruce said and grabbed me by my shoulders.
"It's bad enough to lose one of us. We have to stuck to together so we can all live" Finney muttered as he stood not far behind Bruce.
"We can help him!" I said as I continued to listen to the thumping and yelling.
Bruce covered my ears and made me back away from the door.
"Y/N there's nothing we can do ok? Just pray he's alright" Bruce said and sat down forcing me to sit with him.
Everyone came and sat around me with their ears covered trying to block out
the agonizing sounds.

It wasn't long before the yelling stopped and we heard something being dragged across the floor and towards the stairs.
We heard footsteps coming down the stairs and suddenly the door opened to a bloody and shirtless Grabber with a belt in one hand and Vance dragging behind him by his hair in the other.
He threw Vance onto the floor and looked around at all of us. When he looked towards me I avoided eye contact as much as I could.
"Take this as a warning! Don't be naughty!" He said then stomped back up the stairs, closing the door behind him but not locking it.
I immediately ran to Vance and checked over him to see slashes, bruises, and blood all over his once pretty face qnd body.
"Oh no Vance" I whispered under my breath as I moved the hair out of his face. He breathed in shallow and shaky breath and looked at me with cloudy eyes.
"Guys help me get him on to the mattress" I called out to the other boys.
Robin, Bruce, and Billy immediately picked him up and gently placed him on the mattress.
I once again came to him and picked up his bruised and battered hand in my smaller one and rubbed gentle circles on it with my thumb.
"Vance...what happened?" I asked him searching in his cloudy eyes.
"I- I tried to l-leave" He coughed out.
"H-h punished m-me" He continued as I listened as intently as possible.
"Vance what did he do to you?" I asked carefully.
It very rare to see Vance Hopper cry but Vance started to ugly cry in my arms, barely able to get a word out.
"It's ok, we can talk about it later ok?" I caressed his hair gently.
The other boys just watched. Some with jealousy and others with love for how I'm caring for Vance.
"Hey Billy can I have your jacket?" I asked.
"Um y-yeah" He said and slipped to off.
"Give it to Robin so he can cut a bandage  for Vances head." I ordered the boys.
I saw in my prereferal vision that someone had come and sat next to me.
"Why are you trying so hard to take care of him? He treated you like shit when you were hurt" I turned my head to see Griffin.
"Yknow I kinda like you better when your quiet and shy. Why don't you mind ya own business kid." I said and looked back at Vance.
"Why are you doing this Y/N" He asked me again.
"Because I can! Because I want to!" I snapped and yelled.
"Now will you please leave me alone!" I shooed him away.
"Here mi chica fuerte" Robin said and handed me the makeshift bandage I asked him to make.
"Thank you so much Robin" I said and flashed him the best smile I could muster at the moment which he tried to return.
I wrapped the bandage carefully around Vances head and kissed him on the forehead.
"I'm sorry Vance...it's ok rest easy" I whispered to him and caressed his cheek lovingly.
I leaned against the wall by the mattress and tried to get some sleep.