Idiots in Love

{I haven't slept this week but it's okay, gotta keep writing.}

"What?!" Hikaru yelped, dropping her ice cream. 

"Well, I just thought, if two people like each other.. ~lun" Lala didn't finish her sentence and glared at her glove with her AI, making a plan to ask the AI about this in her head.

"Nevermind. You dropped your ice cream! ~lun" Lala noticed.

"Ah! You're right! I should probably get a new one, haha!" Hikaru tried to walk back, but Lala interrupted her.

"Wait! I can uh, make it up to you!" Lala said as an attempt to flirt, which was something Elena mentioned when they were young, but knew she failed.

"Did you have yen in your pockets all these years?" Hikaru absurdly asked.

"I mean, no, but I can help in other ways! Like, uhm, help with your work. ~lun" Lala twirled her hair.

"Sure, but you really don't have to! It was only a little drop. Anyway,  we should probably get to the rocket now! The others are waiting!" Hikaru assessed. Lala accepted and stood up.

"Is your leg better now?"

"Yeah, but you fell too! Let me check if you're okay for once!" Lala smiled.

"That's really not needed.." Hikaru tried to get out of the situation. Lala shook her head back and forth, signaling she wanted to check if Hikaru was okay. She sighed and sat down.

"You have a bruise on your knee!" She pointed out and walked over to the worker.

"Excuse me, do you have anything for bruises here?" Lala said cluelessly.

"Um, we do have a medkit with some bandages. Would that work?" 

"Mhm!" Lala agreed and the worker handed the item to her. She walked over to Hikaru put the bandage as carefully as she could. 

"Do you, uh, need me to carry you?" Lala asked.

"Nope, I'm fine."

"Please don't lie." Lala frowned.

"I.. fine." Hikaru gave in to Lala's request, thinking it was friendly; but still blushed. Did aliens not think physical touch was inherently romantic?

"You know, Lala, you really don't have to do this just because I did." Hikaru spoke. Lala reassured her it wasn't because of that, although she didn't tell her the real reason. It didn't stop Hikaru from blushing, however. Once they got back to the rocket, Lala set Hikaru down gently on the grass.

"Hey, you're finally back!" Elena waved to the two.

"That took like, forever." Yuni articulated. 

"Well, I'm glad you two are okay." Madoka said.

"Mhm!" Hikaru nodded her head, trying to forget about what was happening a few minutes ago.

Lala silently went into the rocket so nobody could hear what she was asking the AI.

"AI, how do you know if you have romantic feelings for someone? Do I have feelings for Hikaru? How would I confess?" She asked.

"Ms. Lala, I will try to answer your questions one by one. Many people may often think about the person they have feelings for and almost always feel happy around them, even when annoyed. You are portrayed as having some sort of romantic feeling towards Hikaru. There are many different ways to confess, but a very popular way is to give them flowers and say what you think about them." The AI responded. Lala tried to act as calm as she could.  She walked outside of the rocket, keeping her eye on Hikaru gently; noticing she was in the same spot as Lala first put her down. 

"Hey, Lala!" Hikaru grinned.

"Uh, hi!"

"I was wondering where you were."

"Mhm." Lala didn't really answer, but sat down beside Hikaru and put her arm around her shoulder. Hikaru blushed about how Lala didn't seem to hesitate, but she didn't actually know what Lala was thinking.

A day later

"Hey, Elena!" Lala introduced.

"Hey! You said you wanted to meet me about some flower types?"

"Mhm, I was just wondering what kind of flowers are used in a romantic sense." Lala asked.

"Hmm, usually roses!"

"Thank you!" Lala thanked Elena and waved goodbye, walking to Sonrisa and buying a bouquet of roses. She walked back to the rocket, seeing Hikaru there.

"Hey, Hikaru. Can I talk to you in private?" She asked. Hikaru agreed and they went by the lake, keeping the flowers behind her back.

"I have something to tell you."