Chapter 2

Dean's POV
I looked at the two kids in front of me and Sam. The girl handed us a file, we looked through it, these kids were my kids, Riley and Leo Winchester. I looked closer at them, they both had my eyes then I saw their mom, Erin. Riley had her mom's little darker than mine hair but still brown but Leo had my hair. I looked at Sam, he looked at me shock written all over his face. I said" okay, Riley. why are you here?"
Riley's POV
He said" okay, Riley. why are you here?" I said" because I couldn't stand being in foster care so I stole our file and then found you." he looked at Sam, my uncle, and then Sam said" how did you get here?" I said" bus." Leo was asleep in my arms. I cradled him, slowing rocking him. Sam said" here let me put him on the bed." I shook my head and said" he's fine, where he is." Sam nodded and Dean said" kid, Riley, you need some sleep." I nodded and crawled up the bed and kept Leo in my arms, holding him. I fell asleep.
Sam's POV
The kids fell asleep, I whispered" Dean, what are we gonna do?" He said" I don't know, Sam. we can't just leave them." I said" let's take them with us then. I mean we are their only family left." Dean said" no, I'm not dragging 2 kids into this life." I said" Dean. they got grabbed by 2 demons, if we leave them, they are dead in less than a week." Dean thought for a second then said" fine. I'll work this case, you keep an eyes on the kids." I said" I'll work the case, you keep an eye on your kids." he huffed knowing I was right. he said" fine." Then we both heard whimpering from Leo.
Riley's POV
Leo was whimpering, then he shot up, scared. I said" Leo, leo. I'm right here, nothing is gonna get you. I'm here." Sam and Dean looked at me, oddly. I said" go back to never land, Leo. go back to sleep. Carry on my wayward son, they'll be peace when you are done, lay your weary head to rest, don't you cry no more." Leo fell back asleep. I looked towards Sam and Dean, I said" he's always had nightmares since the night our mom died. I comfort him till he falls back to sleep. I have to protect him, he's my little brother, I'd die for him."
Dean's POV
This kid is surely mine, with what she just said. Sam looked at me, with a smirk planted on his face. Sam said" Riley, what did you bring with you?" Riley grabbed her bag and pulled out what she brought, which were clothes for both of them, at least 20 dollars and a book. I said" that's it." she nodded.
Riley's POV
I nodded, I said" that's all we had at our foster home." Sam said" Riley, why don't you wake your brother and you both go get cleaned up." I nodded and shook Leo, he woke up and then I led him to the bathroom. I washed his face and then I washed my face. we both put on different clothes. We went out of the bathroom and back into the main room. Sam and our dad looked at us, then Sam said" I'm sure you guys are hungry so I'm gonna go grab something and bring it back." he got up and left. Dean said" so I'm sure, you guys want answers so ask the questions." I said" my mom said you hunt the supernatural, is it true?" Dean nodded, I said" why'd you leave then come back then leave again?" He said" I had a case and I met your mom and everything happened." I nodded. Dean said" so how did those Demons get you?" I said" I fell asleep and they must've grabbed us." Leo crawled back on the bed and curled up behind me falling asleep. Dean said" you're just like me." I said" what's that mean?" He said" you would do anything for your brother, I would too." I smiled and hugged him, he tensed up but relaxed. I let go and he said" what was that for?" I said" you're my dad." I crawled next to Leo and held him.
Dean's POV
Riley fell back asleep. I looked at my 2 kids, Riley was 13 and Leo was 7. Its been 6 years since their mother, Erin died by demons. I can see me in Riley, she'd do anything to protect Leo, die for him, do anything to protect him.
It's been an hour, Sam comes back with food in his hand. He looks at me then the kids, he throws me my food and then we both shake the kids and they look at the food then each other, I said" please say you have had a burger before."
Riley's POV
I said" well, I don't remember and at the foster home, they only served veggies and grilled fish but we are allergic to fish and the only veggie they served were broccoli and corn." Leo said" and that was only to the good kids." Sam said" so you weren't good?" I said" nope." Dean said" what possible could a kid do to be bad?" I said" punch the people and..." Leo was giggling, he said" and steal!!" I said" Leo!" He laughed. Sam said" you stealing?!" I said" yeah, kind of." Sam said" what did you steal?" Leo said" medicine, I was sick and they weren't doin anything about it." I said" I was trying to protect my brother, it's my job." Leo hugged my side. Dean said" lets eat." he handed us a burger each and a fry. We ate fast, Sam noticed something wrong, he said" why are you so thin?" I said" we were the odd ones, the ones that always got in trouble, the ones that tried to run. so they decided to starve us for a week and then we refused to eat." Leo nodded along with my voice. Dean said" why were you odd?" I said" because we always sensed trouble, we were able to fight and win." Sam looked at Dean, they both smiled. I said" what?" Dean said" yep, you're my kids. only one thing missing." Sam's head went down, Dean, dad pulled out pie. Leo screamed" pie!! Give. me. pie." I fell back laughing, my brother is in love with pie. Dean was holding it above his head, watching Leo try to get it. Leo jumped up from the bed and onto dean's shoulders, I got up and pulled Leo off. Dean looked at Sam, smiling in victory. Sam said" do you like pie, Riley?" I said" I don't go crazy over it but I do like it." Dean gave Leo the pie. Leo was eating the pie, Dean said" pie." I said" he said once he'd marry pie." Sam laughed, my dad did too. I went over to Leo and took the empty small pie container and wiped his face and fingers off. Dean and Sam were watching us.
Dean's POV
I saw Cass appear behind Riley, once she saw him, she instantly put Leo behind herself and backed away towards us. She put Leo behind a bed and crouched over him, shielding him from what might happen. I said" Cass?!" He said" yes, Dean?" Sam said" you just scared 2 kids, dean's kids." Cass looked to where, Riley and Leo are. Leo eyes coming from the top, under Riley's chin. Riley covering Leo with her body. I said" Riley, it's okay, he won't hurt you or Leo." Riley didn't move neither did Leo. I looked at Sam, he went up to Riley and Leo and said" Cass, here, is an angel. he's also our friend. you don't have to be scared." Riley looked at Cass before getting up but she kept Leo behind her, his hand in hers.
Riley's POV
I kept my brother behind me, his hand in mine. My dad, Dean, said" Cass, what'd you need?" The guy, Cass said" well, have you finished up the case here yet." My dad said" no, we're working on it." Cass said" may I help?" My dad nodded. I lifted Leo up in my arms and placed him on the bed, I felt his head, it was warm. I whispered" go to sleep, my little Peter Pan." I took off Leo's shoes and jacket. and put him under the covers, he fell asleep instantly. I stroked his hair before turning away from him, I headed for the door, Sam said" hey, where you going?" I said" to a store." he said" why?" I said" Leo's sick, he needs his medicine. I have what I need to get it with." My dad said" I'll drive you." I nodded and he got up following me out the door.
Once we got in the car, my dad said" what did you mean, he needs his medicine?" I said" Leo he's allergic to a lot of things and he was sick badly when he was 3. he almost didn't make it, but he recovered and now he has to take his medicine, it's only if he's sick." My dad looked at me, he saw the worry in my eyes.