What will be?

Elanora P.O.V

"Ronald Knox!" I yelled, I was sat down stairs in Ronald's kitchen, my pocket watch held in my hand, glaring at the time the hands indicated. If he didn't bloody well hurry up we would be late for work.....

"I can't find them anywhere!" Ronald yelled, his head appearing through the banister, which could be seen from the kitchen doorway.

"Well then where did you have them last?" I yelled back, taking a final sip of my tea, before standing up and putting the cup in the sink.

"My shoes were under the bed last time I checked, I took them out of there." He replied.

"Oh then they're by the lamp in the living room where you always put them." I folded my arms and smiled as his face went blank, before he ran into the living room.

A minute later, he walked out again, familiar white shoes on and a embarrassed smile on his face.

"Ha ha! I knew that!" He laughed.

"Oh sure you did." I nodded sarcastically, placing a soft kiss on his cheek as I fixed is tie, which was crooked, obviously from his frantic search.

"Oh shut up!" He laughed, deepening the kiss. We just stayed there for a few moments, until.

The clock rang with the stroke of the hour.

"Ah shit!" Ronald sighed, knowing my reaction.

"HOLY DEATH, DAMMIT RONALD! WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE! COME ON LETS GO!" I yelled, practically dragging him out the door down the road and down to dispatch.

It's been three months since what's now being called the battle for the Pastures. And finally things were starting to return to normal... Well mostly normal anyway... I mean sure the buildings were fixed, but the loss of Reapers was huge, over one hundred reapers died... many more were maimed...

Since we were so understaffed, new Reaper students that would normally have a three month incubation period before having a second creation, were created straight away, which only managed to slightly fill the numbers!

Sally came out of hospital about two weeks ago, she had suffered massive head injuries when Darina threw her head first vertically into the ground... She had lay in a coma for a month and woken up dazed and confused, luckily she remembered who we were and had most of her memories.... except for how she got her injury. She was actually shocked when we told her... and even more shocked when I told her I was the Daughter of Grim! Which brings me to the next part.... Since everyone saw that I am now a pretty hot topic in the offices. I even have all the women that bullied me, now crawling up my backside... But not Janice ,oh no! Instead she's been telling people I'm dangerous and that they should have nothing to do with me... Especially since I hit her and how it was my fault in the first place Darina died....

What Janice doesn't know is today I was pulling in a little favour from William for staying up to do all those extra accounts with him five days in a row... I mean Ronald was pissed, because he wanted to spend time with me and to keep himself busy took on extra shifts with Eric, but it's about to all be worth it....

We ran through the doors , into the elevator past the library and into dispatch... Where Janice stood at the door..