chapter ten

"Girl... I bet he's in love with you."

"Shut up yeri. He isn't." Jisoo told her roommate as the two were sleeping in their respective beds. The day went quite wild for Jisoo. From Taehyung till she also heard about the murder of the student.

"I wonder why Yuna Kim went there in the first place." Jisoo spoke remembering the first semester student who was killed miserable by an unknown serial killer recently.

"Poor girl. Her parents were crying their eyes out. She really shouldn't have went there."

"What if she didn't?" Jisoo questioned.

"You mean?"

"I don't really know her personally but I bet every student is sane enough to not go alone to the forest."

"Haha says who."

"Well, taehyung isn't bad so I went with him...."

"Are you sure? He's literally the bad boy!" Yeri was grinning from ear to ear.

"Not that again."

"Just accept it girl, you have fallen for him too."

"That's not the truth." Jisoo changed her sleeping posture by turning to the wall.

"You will know it sooner."

"Yeah that I don't have anything for him. Why would I even have anything for him in the first place?"

"Ask yourself everyday. I am going to sleep like forever since tomorrow's weekend."

Yeri slept like log that night while Jisoo couldn't get the thought of dead girl out of her mind.

"Why? And how?"

Meanwhile, things were really complicated at detective's office. Arin, the detective who joined recently was very smart and always eagar to learn stuffs from five year careered man Eunwoo who is known for solving cases faster than lightning.

"She was stabbed multiple times in the same manner as other victims and all the witnesses either only saw a shadow or nothing." Eunwoo said looking at a piece of document.

"So the killer is the shadow?" Arin asked, here eyes were glittering.

"Definitely, miss eagarexcited."

"Thanks but we are missing details."

"The time of the murders are different based on forensic reports."

"Like as if he kills anyone anytime he wants."

"How do we assume it is a 'him'?" Eunwoo questioned to which Arin delightfully answered.

"We found hair at the crime scene in murder no 2nd and 3rd. Both were from same DNA. They were male. And the length is definitely shorter so it's a man."

"Girls got short hair too." Eunwoo said looking at Arin's long silky hair tied like a ponytail slightly loose.

"It's still a man because of DNA results."

"What if it's fabricated?"

"We never know. Based on the speculations we made so far, the killer is man who looks like shadow hiding from everyone."

"Did you ever figured how the hair got there in the first place?"

Arin shooked her head.

"I assumed he have a disease."

"You mean...alopecia?"

"Maybe that makes a way for us, doesn't it?"

Arin understood what he was trying to say.

"Definitely. Shall we go now?"

"Where?"

"To the all the hospital where hair lose treatments are done?"

"Well, what if he never went to any hospitals to examine since the hair was still found at the crime scene."

At this point, Eunwoo was testing Arin.

"We still got to do our jobs because we never know."

Eunwoo smiled. "Let's go."

On the other hand, Taehyung was barely sleeping. Outside, a thunderstorm was raging and the lights flickered as Taehyung tried to sleep through the nightmare he was having that night.

"Please don't kill me." He talked in his sleep. "Please don't."

Suddenly he woke up with a jerk, sweating profusely. He quickly charged towards the towards the mini fridge where he kept the water bottles. Taehyung quickly gobbled down a bottle or so. When he realised that it was just a mere dream, he started taking light breaths. He went back to his bed until his eyes fell on the window just to witness something that he never ever thought he would do one day.